Drinkers with a Running Problem

Favorite Drinking Songs/Music (Read 399 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Okay, when it's time to get your drink on, what are your favorite tunes for the occasion? Here's some of mine, in no particular order: Jimmy Buffet: "Margaritaville", "Why Don't We Get Drunk". Hell, just about any JB song. Most of them are actually about drinking. Nothing better on hot summer day. George Thoorgood: "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" and "If You Don't Start Drinking, I'm Gonna Leave." If hanging with Jimmy Buffet means laid-back good times, then hanging with George Thoorgood means you better have an iron liver, because it is on. Bob Marley and the Wailers: "Is This Love" Yeah, usually when you think of Bob, you think 4/20. But his music has a groovy, laid back vibe that's all about sipping a tall cool one for me. Sheryl Crow: "All I Wanna Do" Why? Because I also like a good beer buzz early in the morning. Yes Chubawumba: "Tubthumping" All I know is that if he takes a whiskey drink, a vodka drink, a lager drink, and a cider drink, he gonna be messed up. Neil Diamond: "Sweet Caroline" Check this link out if you want to learn the secret to singing like him. Billy Joel: "Piano Man" Not my favorite of his, but a good bar-closing kind of drunken singalong. Just about any disco: Disco music makes me want to party. Any upbeat Irish/Gaelic sounding music. Taps into my Irish roots, and for me Irish=Drinking I know I've got lots more, but I'm not drunk enough to remember. Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The voice of mile 18

yep margeritaville and sweet caroline definitely remind me of stuff I don't remember and billy joels "only the good die young"

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Jeff, with that playlist you could be my best drinking buddy for sure! BTW, Billy Joel is REALLY good in concert--especially when he teams up with Sir Elton John! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

BTW, Billy Joel is REALLY good in concert--especially when he teams up with Sir Elton John!
          I've been lucky enough to see them separately, but the stars never seemed to align for me to see them together. They were both awesome. I'm sure their combined awesomeness is truly...awesome. If they ever tour together again, I will make a mega-effort to see them because I think they are both fantastic musicians/artists.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I saw Billy Joel alone on the "River of Dreams" tour, but it paled in comparison to him and Elton together--and alone his concert was still fantastic! Where did you see Mr. Joel? I saw him at The Palace (Auburn Hills). Saw them both at the Silverdome. Even though we had last row seats at the Silverdome, that was actually the best place to sit, sound-wise. k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Where did you see Mr. Joel?
              Saw Billy at the Palace as well. Storm Front tour 1990. Great show. Saw Elton John at Pine Knob. We sat on the lawn. I was only in junior high. My first concert! (Went with mom and dad). EJ is way to big to do the Knob now, but back then, before the Palace was built, PK could still pull in some big acts. Pine Knob (or whatever it's called now) is a pretty fun place to see a concert. Back in the 70's, my parents went all the time and in those days, you could bring your own coolers into the place and party on the lawn. Legend has it that they had some pretty good times there... Smile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Pine Knob still goes by that moniker. I've never seen a show there, but I did see Madonna at Alpine Valley in WI. That's where Stevie Ray Vaughn died. k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

That's where Stevie Ray Vaughn died.
                  Cry

Sluggard

*crack* >gurgle-gurgle-gurgle< }}glug-glug-glug{{ now, let's all get our irish on. ---------------------------------------- rare old mountain dew by the dubliners let grasses grow and waters flow in a free and easy way, but give me enough of the rare old stuff that's brewed near galway bay, come policemen all from donegal, sligo, and leitrim too, oh, we'll give them the slip and we'll take a sip of the rare old mountain dew chorus hi di-diddly-idle-um, diddly-doodle-idle-um,diddly-doo-ri-diddlum-deh hi di-diddly-idle-um, diddly-doodle-idle-um,diddly-doo-ri-diddlum-deh at the foot of the hill there's a neat little still, where the smoke curls up to the sky, by the smoke and the smell you can plainly tell that there's poitin brewin’ nearby. for it fills the air with a perfume rare, and betwixt both me and you, as home we stroll, we can take a bowl, or a bucket of the mountain dew chorus now learned men who use the pen, have sung the praises high of the rare poitin from ireland green, distilled from wheat and rye. put away with your pills, it'll cure all ills, be ye pagan, christian or jew, so take off your coat and grease your throat with the dear old mountain dew. chorus }}glug-glug-glug{{="" now,="" let's="" all="" get="" our="" irish="" on.="" ----------------------------------------="" rare="" old="" mountain="" dew="" by="" the="" dubliners="" let="" grasses="" grow="" and="" waters="" flow="" in="" a="" free="" and="" easy="" way,="" but="" give="" me="" enough="" of="" the="" rare="" old="" stuff="" that's="" brewed="" near="" galway="" bay,="" come="" policemen="" all="" from="" donegal,="" sligo,="" and="" leitrim="" too,="" oh,="" we'll="" give="" them="" the="" slip="" and="" we'll="" take="" a="" sip="" of="" the="" rare="" old="" mountain="" dew="" chorus="" hi="" di-diddly-idle-um,="" diddly-doodle-idle-um,diddly-doo-ri-diddlum-deh="" hi="" di-diddly-idle-um,="" diddly-doodle-idle-um,diddly-doo-ri-diddlum-deh="" at="" the="" foot="" of="" the="" hill="" there's="" a="" neat="" little="" still,="" where="" the="" smoke="" curls="" up="" to="" the="" sky,="" by="" the="" smoke="" and="" the="" smell="" you="" can="" plainly="" tell="" that="" there's="" poitin="" brewin’="" nearby.="" for="" it="" fills="" the="" air="" with="" a="" perfume="" rare,="" and="" betwixt="" both="" me="" and="" you,="" as="" home="" we="" stroll,="" we="" can="" take="" a="" bowl,="" or="" a="" bucket="" of="" the="" mountain="" dew="" chorus="" now="" learned="" men="" who="" use="" the="" pen,="" have="" sung="" the="" praises="" high="" of="" the="" rare="" poitin="" from="" ireland="" green,="" distilled="" from="" wheat="" and="" rye.="" put="" away="" with="" your="" pills,="" it'll="" cure="" all="" ills,="" be="" ye="" pagan,="" christian="" or="" jew,="" so="" take="" off="" your="" coat="" and="" grease="" your="" throat="" with="" the="" dear="" old="" mountain="" dew.=""></ }}glug-glug-glug{{ now, let's all get our irish on. ---------------------------------------- rare old mountain dew by the dubliners let grasses grow and waters flow in a free and easy way, but give me enough of the rare old stuff that's brewed near galway bay, come policemen all from donegal, sligo, and leitrim too, oh, we'll give them the slip and we'll take a sip of the rare old mountain dew chorus hi di-diddly-idle-um, diddly-doodle-idle-um,diddly-doo-ri-diddlum-deh hi di-diddly-idle-um, diddly-doodle-idle-um,diddly-doo-ri-diddlum-deh at the foot of the hill there's a neat little still, where the smoke curls up to the sky, by the smoke and the smell you can plainly tell that there's poitin brewin’ nearby. for it fills the air with a perfume rare, and betwixt both me and you, as home we stroll, we can take a bowl, or a bucket of the mountain dew chorus now learned men who use the pen, have sung the praises high of the rare poitin from ireland green, distilled from wheat and rye. put away with your pills, it'll cure all ills, be ye pagan, christian or jew, so take off your coat and grease your throat with the dear old mountain dew. chorus>
                    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Something tells me that's not the same Mountain Dew that I drank to get me through finals week. (It would be really good after finals week, I bet!)

Old Madonna (esp Like a Prayer) Livin on a Prayer (reminds me so much of college) The General, Two Coins .. Dispatch (for chill nights)
                        2009: BQ?
                        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

billy joels "only the good die young"
                          Good call. If I were to make a list of songs I'd like to learn, just in case there was a hotel lobby piano, a bunch of drunk friends, and a desire for a little sing-along, this one would definitely be on the list!

Go Pre!

No Close second place to this drinking tune... Spirit of the West - "Home for a Rest" Not sure if it has made it's way to you guys, but it kick A$$!
                              Garth Brooks - Long Neck Bottle Big grin Rage Against the Machine - Renegades of Funk (this is my husband's favorite drinking song)

Michelle

*crack* >gurgle-gurgle-gurgle< }}glug-glug-glug{{="" />
                                That will be me tonight! Except the people I'll be with don't care for country music so I won't get to play some of my favorite drinking songs. Oh well, I'll still enjoy my beer.

Michelle