Drinkers with a Running Problem

I love beer (Read 353 times)

Nothing really beyond that. I just love beer. Enjoying a post 13 mile run in the snow with a Yards (Philly micro) India Pale Ale. 7% ABV. It's delish. Got a sampler pack of the Yards, so I see a porter and a Saison (Belgian style) ahead tonight. And taking out the trash and recycling.
      Very nice way to reward yourself after a long run in the snow Smile
      2009: BQ?
        Nothing really beyond that. I just love beer. Enjoying a post 13 mile run in the snow with a Yards (Philly micro) India Pale Ale. 7% ABV. It's delish. Got a sampler pack of the Yards, so I see a porter and a Saison (Belgian style) ahead tonight. And taking out the trash and recycling.
        Awesome. You can't go wrong with Yards (take it from a Philly guy.) If you have the Extra Special Ale in your sampler pack, I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised. I had a similar experience to yours today. 12 miler in the morning, picked up a mixed case of Flying Dog brews. Enjoyed an Amber Lager and a Road Dog Porter so far. 2 for 2 in tastiness. I agree with you, dnephin... I love beer, too! Big grin

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Usually, that Special Ale is in the samplers I get. It is good. This time, it was the Tavern Ale. Also good. I used to live in Philly and miss it. Now, I live in Pittsburgh.

Renee the dog

I went island style and am enjoying a Kona Longboard Lager. It's done now, and my lazy dog won't get up and go get me another one. Cry

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

I went island style and am enjoying a Kona Longboard Lager. It's done now, and my lazy dog won't get up and go get me another one. Cry
              With cats, there's not the remotest expectation that they would get you a beer in the first place, let alone another one. But their redeeming qualities outweigh this shortfall.
                dnephin, the Taven Ale is excellent, I agree. Have you tried any of the Troegs brewery offerings (Harrisburg), or Victory Brewing (Downingtown?) Both have a nice assortment that you would probably enjoy. Too bad you had to move to the wrong side of the state! Smile

dnephin, the Taven Ale is excellent, I agree. Have you tried any of the Troegs brewery offerings (Harrisburg), or Victory Brewing (Downingtown?) Both have a nice assortment that you would probably enjoy. Too bad you had to move to the wrong side of the state! Smile
                  Yep and yep on the beers. I lived in Harrisburg for a year before moving all the way west and got to know Troegs (thier brown ale was my fave.) And Appalachian Brewing Co. (which has a nice brewpub.) Victory Hop Devil is excellent. Dog Fish Head is excellent from out that way (yeah, I know it's from Del.) One of the best brewers going. The Burgh has its plusses and we have some nice beers: Penn Pilsner products and Church Brew Works. And I've knocked back my share of Iron City. It ain't bad for what it is. Really. Support your local breweries I always say.
                    I visited Pittsburgh last year for the first time in many years, and I must admit that I was really taken by the changes. The city has cleaned up very nicely. I took in a Pirates game while I was there (team sucks, but nice ball park, and a great center field view. I've tried a few of the Penn brewery's products, and I haven't turned one down yet! I can't say I'd go out of my way for an Iron City, but I hear ya - gotta support the locals. If you're into sampler packs/cases, look around for Otter Creek if you haven't tried them yet (Vermont). They have a nice selection in their mixed packs, and if you are an IPA guy, they have one that is not too shabby.

If you're into sampler packs/cases, look around for Otter Creek if you haven't tried them yet (Vermont). They have a nice selection in their mixed packs, and if you are an IPA guy, they have one that is not too shabby.
                      I'll pick it up tonight, in fact, as my local distributor carries it.
                        Any verdict on the Otter Creek?

...---...

Just this past week I had my first Kona Brewing beers - the long board and endless summer light. Both were very tasty.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

sorry, the endless summer light is a karl straus brew. From them, the Stargazer IPA is also really good. Would love to try the Red Trolley as well. The Kona I really want to try is the Fire Rock Pale Ale and am curious about Big Wave Golden.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Queen of 3rd Place

oooooo.....Philly.....I lived in Philly for 3 years, really enjoyed the local brews. I used to frequent Manayunk Brewery quite a bit. And Sly Fox which also wasn't too far. Yummy memories...great foodie town, too. Even though I'm in Fresno now - not known for anything - at least there's a single brewpub and it ain't all that bad. As a bonus it's only 1.1 mi away - crawling distance! Arla

Ex runner

Arla, Manayunk Brewery is a great place. Haven't been there in a while - the food's OK, and the beer is always excellent. I was there last Fall, and had a pumpkin ale that (supposedly) came from a George Washington recipe. If that's true, he had one other talent in life other than kicking British a$$, because it was VERY tasty. Sly Fox is a lot of fun. They make a pilsner that I really enjoy. Sly Fox also worked it's way into Citizen's Bank Park, so they have a couple of offerings to enjoy at the Phillies games. Your last comment is right on the mark- crawling distance is always preferable! Big grin Jeff