Drinkers with a Running Problem

Dragon's Milk (Read 16 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Two good ways to age beers: 1) buy so many beers you cannot possibly get to them all, and make sure to focus on the drink-fresh beers first (like Permanent Funeral); 2) stow the beer away and find it a year later.

You are right about Dark Lord. You have to get tickets to access the event, then endure the lines and loud music, but enjoy the epic bottle share, then you can buy your allocation, usually 2-4 bottles. The tickets are not easy to get, but worth trying. If you go, buy as many bottles as you can from others who don't want their whole allocation. Then sell em to us Smile

Prince of Fatness

I go with a combination of Trent's two options.

Speaking of events, my buddy that has a house in Florida has informed me that he will be attending this.

https://www.cigarcitybrewing.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=34&Itemid=46

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I go with a combination of Trent's two options.

Speaking of events, my buddy that has a house in Florida has informed me that he will be attending this.

https://www.cigarcitybrewing.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=34&Itemid=46

that beer is awesome

Prince of Fatness

that beer is awesome

Don't know what the bottle allocation will be yet but I am hoping to score a bottle.  Worst case I do bottle shares with this guy all of the time so I should get to taste it.

Not at it at all. 

Don't know what the bottle allocation will be yet but I am hoping to score a bottle.  Worst case I do bottle shares with this guy all of the time so I should get to taste it.

I thought it was much better fresh than aged since some of the flavor nuances fall off (chile pepper, cinnamon, etc). It was one of the best stouts I had last year. I drank it around a month after release. I also had a bottle of the 2012 around the same time and although very good it was not the same.

I shared it with my father who doesn't even like stouts. Every time he came to the house after that he asked if I had anymore bottles

Prince of Fatness

Good to know about the spices.  I will let him know.  He usually likes to drink one fresh then age some and they will have some down there to sample that day.  The tap list is quite impressive (viewable on the page I linked to above).

Not at it at all. 

Joann Y

... endure the lines and loud music, but enjoy the epic bottle share, then you can buy your allocation, usually 2-4 bottles. The tickets are not easy to get, but worth trying. If you go, buy as many bottles as you can from others who don't want their whole allocation. Then sell em to us Smile

I would be happy to sell them to you but it seems I now have storage options!  And, btw, a  little heavy metal never hurt anybody :-)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

a  little heavy metal never hurt anybody :-)

That would be my favorite part. \m/

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Other Imperial Stouts to try, not barrel aged.  I have had all of them and liked them.

Cigar City Marshal Zhukov

Any of the Yeti's from Great Divide

Weyerbacher Old Heathen (Heresy is the BA version)

Stone Imperial Russian Stout

Hoppin Frog BORIS the Crusher

Bells Expedition Stout

Dark Horse Plead the 5th

Great Lakes Blackout Stout

Oskar Blues Ten Fidy

Dogfish Head Miles Davis Bitches Brew

That ought to keep you busy.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I would be happy to sell them to you but it seems I now have storage options!  And, btw, a  little heavy metal never hurt anybody :-)

For real, if you go, do this. We want bottles o DL.

Joann Y

For real, if you go, do this. We want bottles o DL.

For sure. I'll grab what I can and if I have more than a few you are welcome to them :-)  Now.... to get tickets...

Feeling the growl again

For sure. I'll grab what I can and if I have more than a few you are welcome to them :-)  Now.... to get tickets...

Well keep us updated on the schedule.  We Indy boys are due for a trip one of these years.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

EVERYBODY go, take cash, buy everything you can!

If you can get tix, that is.

Prince of Fatness

EVERYBODY go, take cash, buy everything you can!

If you can get tix, that is.

Sorry, too far of a drive.

Not at it at all.