Drinkers with a Running Problem

Dragon's Milk (Read 16 times)

Feeling the growl again

Sorry, too far of a drive.

If you're going to drive that far for beer, you might as well run a mile and get a better selection while you're at it.  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Better selection? That I doubt. DLD apparently has the single best bottle share in the wide-universe. Every beer geek from across the lands brings their near-best beers to share and show off.

Feeling the growl again

Better selection? That I doubt. DLD apparently has the single best bottle share in the wide-universe. Every beer geek from across the lands brings their near-best beers to share and show off.

Perhaps.  But mine has been damned fine the past couple years and I don't have to drive home.  Smile

I'd like to do it once but I have few complaints on the last couple beer miles.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Problem with that is you can only drink so much.  I find that bottle shares with more people are not as fun as ones with fewer.  Gets to fast paced and almost overwhelming.  Too much opened at once.  But I will concede the point that at an event like that you would have a better opportunity to try once in a lifetime stuff.

Not at it at all. 

Joann Y

Well keep us updated on the schedule.  We Indy boys are due for a trip one of these years.

No problem, I'll let you know when I see the dates for ticket sales, etc. Been in the back of my mind for the last couple years, so about time to make the effort and get over there. You all should try to come too.

What do you recommend amongst barrel aged stouts? Maybe this requires some taste testing to get my palate up to par.

being from chicago I'm sure you've tried these, but most of the revolution barrel aged stouts and porters are great. I'm also a big fan of pipeworks stouts especially the abduction series

Joann Y

being from chicago I'm sure you've tried these, but most of the revolution barrel aged stouts and porters are great. I'm also a big fan of pipeworks stouts especially the abduction series

I've had the Anti-hero ipa a bunch and another one or two of their beers. Revolution              Brewing is always so packed I tend to avoid it. It would be easy to go there on a day   off and they must have flights/tastings. I guess I think of them more as a place than a beer. Thanks for the recommendation. I will bring the husband, and we will drink.

By the way, there is a movie on Netflix right now called Drinking Buddies that is filmed at Revolution Brewing and shows off their beers, along with a pretty good story. Jake Johnson (not so much the others) is dead on for a Chicagoan and hipster  in my neighborhood (in a good way). Anyway, fun to watch and  lots of beer drinking. And you will want to join them.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Revolution kicks ass. You can buy the BA beers and many of the others at your local beer store.

Prince of Fatness

Revolution kicks ass.

Yes.  You should send me more.

Not at it at all.