Drinkers with a Running Problem

Last night, I had... (Read 389 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

a gin and tonic. Ahh, very refreshing! Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Queen of 3rd Place

You on vacation someplace hot? Arla

Ex runner

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

You on vacation someplace hot? Arla
        I wish. No, just bought some mini-bottles of club soda and tonic water to help stock my bar yesterday. And once I had tonic water in the house, I found myself craving a G&T. Or maybe I was secretly craving a G&T, and that's why I bought the tonic water.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Queen of 3rd Place

Oh. Too bad. If you have a few you could pretend you're someplace hot.

Ex runner

Good choice. I'm not a liquor guy at all (mostly after dinner stuff), but I can always go for a G&T. Something about it...

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Good choice. I'm not a liquor guy at all (mostly after dinner stuff), but I can always go for a G&T. Something about it...
              Lately, I seem to be more interested in cocktails rather than beer or wine. I love a good martini, and I desperately need to get me some sweet vermouth so I can satisfy this jones I've had recently for a Manhattan (whiskey / sweet vermouth / dash of bitters / cherry).

Prince of Fatness

Lately, I seem to be more interested in cocktails rather than beer or wine.
                Usually in the winter I get a craving for some liquor, either scotch or bourbon. It hasn't happened this year though. I've been going through imperial stouts like they are free, though.

Not at it at all. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I desperately need to get me some sweet vermouth so I can satisfy this jones I've had recently for a Manhattan (whiskey / sweet vermouth / dash of bitters / cherry).
                  You're really a 76 year old chain-smoker named Marge, aren't you?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I was gonna ask the same thing!

- Anya

Queen of 3rd Place

Ha! My mom's a 77 year-old chain smoker who makes a great manhattan - this is the one I grew up with, no other will do: 2 parts bourbon, 1 part sweet vermouth, 1 part dry vermouth, dash of bitters, spash of cherry juice, cherry. Arla

Ex runner

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ha! My mom's a 77 year-old chain smoker who makes a great manhattan - this is the one I grew up with, no other will do: 2 parts bourbon, 1 part sweet vermouth, 1 part dry vermouth, dash of bitters, spash of cherry juice, cherry. Arla
                        Equal parts sweet and dry vermouth in a Manhattan is called a Manhattan Perfect, I believe! Yes, I am a 78-year old woman. I smoke 4 packs a day. Hell I've made it this far why stop now? That avatar picture of the guy with the great runner legs is my grandson. Sadly, he's a bit of a douchebag.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yes, I am a 78-year old woman. I smoke 4 packs a day. Hell I've made it this far why stop now? That avatar picture of the guy with the great runner legs is my grandson. Sadly, he's a bit of a douchebag.
                          Wait...so are you the woman who procreated with "Grandpa Man-Whore" Wow, it's an honor to meet you! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Any other favorite cocktails out there? I'm always looking for new one to sip on while I smoke another pack.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I had an AWESOME Chambord martini a few years back...I think it was vodka and Chambord with a squeeze of lime and a blackberry garnish. it was SO good. If I could break down and buy a bottle of $$ Chambord it would probably be a regular treat.

~ Sarah Kay

Prince of Fatness

Any other favorite cocktails out there? I'm always looking for new one to sip on while I smoke another pack.
                                Geeez I'm so boring. My favorite is an oldie but a goodie. Bourbon with a little splash of ginger ale.

Not at it at all.