Drinkers with a Running Problem

Mmmm...beer.... (Read 270 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We're going here after my brother's graduation (he's getting his master's in computer science...my nerdy sibling). Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Oh yum --- mail me one? Wink
      2009: BQ?
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, I'm already looking at their site trying to decide which tap beer I want to try... Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

which tap beer
          Zoomie -- which ONE? As a member of this esteemed group, I certainly hope you are going to try more than one! Big grin
          2009: BQ?
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, we're taking public transportation...so I will likely be pretty intoxicated by the time we leave there--as will my brother, mom, dad, brother's GF... Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Holy crap their draft beer list is amazing. I will definitely have to take a trip there when I visit Chicago. Wish we had places like that in DC. Have fun!

sean

All business

I don't live too far from that place. They do have a great selection, and the bartenders are really good about suggesting something new if you tell them what kinds of things you like. The Hopleaf is another place in Chicago with great beers. Are you making time for a run on the lakefront?

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The Hopleaf is another place in Chicago with great beers. Are you making time for a run on the lakefront?
                  Ha, my brother was talking about the Hopleaf, too. His GF lives in Bucktown. Doubt I would get in a lakefront run...my bro actually lives in Huntley, so that's where we'll be most of our sober time (if there is any). Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Holy crap their draft beer list is amazing. I will definitely have to take a trip there when I visit Chicago. Wish we had places like that in DC. Have fun!
                    Antihero, I can't see the weblink from kirsten (work computer - gah) but check out this site: www.lovethebeer.com It's for Regional Food and Drink (RF&D) on 7th Street (I think) in DC.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Antihero, I can't see the weblink from kirsten (work computer - gah) but check out this site: www.lovethebeer.com It's for Regional Food and Drink (RF&D) on 7th Street (I think) in DC.
                      Thanks! I've been there a few times. They have a good selection, but I've had iffy service a couple times, and on weekends it fills with a crowd I'm not super-keen on. I'll have to visit again to check out the new brews. I didn't realize they were owned by the same people as Brickskeller. That place has a good selection (like 3000 bottles or something) though not many on tap. I'll have to get over there again.

sean