Drinkers with a Running Problem

New Belgium (Read 460 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'll at least try Kick.  Guess I need to go shopping...

Prince of Fatness

I'll at least try Kick.  Guess I need to go shopping...

Since you're not much of a fan of pumpkin beers you'll need to tell me how you like it.  Maybe I'll get just one bottle.  That Clutch sounds real good ... may have to do 3 bottles and age a couple of them.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I am not a big fan of pumpkin beers either, but it can't hurt to try one Smile

Clutch, is it high ABV?  I have not seen.

Prince of Fatness

Clutch

It started as chance, a sandwich shop encounter between a band and a fan. It ended as the Clutch Collaboration. This pleasing, two-part potion was brewed with chocolate and black malts for a rich and roasty overtone, then fused with a dry, substratum of sour for a bold and audacious flavor. Black as night, this beer is blended at 80% stout, 20% dark sour wood beer for a collaboration that begins with a sour edge and finishes with a big, dark malt character, lingering, sweet on your palate.

The two flavors come as raucous and riotous as the Maryland band and their Fort Collins fans, getting loud and making beer, together.

Just the facts Ma'am...

ABV - 9%

IBU - 19

Calories - 260

Hops - Target

Malts - Dark Chocolate, Coffee, Black

OG - 20

TG - 3.2

Fruits/Spice - Dark Wood Ale

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

K.  That will be at the liquor store.  'prec.

Smile

Gets a B

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My local high ABV beer store has run out of Clutch already.  They are checking to see if they can get more.  I called another and they simply don't know.  I emailed the rep.  We'll see.

Odd.

Prince of Fatness

My local high ABV beer store has run out of Clutch already.  They are checking to see if they can get more.  I called another and they simply don't know.  I emailed the rep.  We'll see.

Odd.

Odd indeed.  That couldn't have been on the shelves that long.  Hopefully the rep will be of assistance.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Rep:

You should have been able to buy both Clutch and Kick as of today, the usual suspects for locations……

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yep, he was right.  Got em.

Prince of Fatness

Rep:

You should have been able to buy both Clutch and Kick as of today, the usual suspects for locations……

My buddy went to Florida and stopped at the beer store in SC.  They were out of Kick but he was able to get me 3 bottles of Clutch.  I take delivery tomorrow.

I also asked him to see if they had the Belgo IPA.  The person at the store said that they should eventually carry it but didn't have it yet.  I will be going down there in a month or so and will check then.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

I've had some Clutch and really like it.  That's all I've got to say.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

New Lips of Faith:

·         Fresh Hop IPA

o   A truckload of fresh hops on a midnight run from Washington State to Northern Colorado made it to our kettles just in time. Fresh Hop IPA is a citrus punch of the green stuff: Amarillo, Centennial and Cascade hops straight off the vine. This brazen and deliciously bitter IPA pours deeply golden with the slight haze of a really hoppy beer. The fresh hops poke you right in the nose and the liquid hits your tongue with a sharp blast, finishing light and dry. This is the hop harvest, in a glass, just for you.

·         Prickly Passion Saison

o   Prickly pear and passion fruit mingle together for New Belgium’s return to farmhouse ales. Prickly Passion Saison is truly a beer for Belgian inspiration. The combination of passion fruit and prickly pear juices with the tropical esters of a traditionally earthy Saison yeast create a wonderfully broad and reaching mango-like character. Ostentatiously amber, this Prickly Passion Saison is sure to provoke the palate with a passionate prick, turn that bottle over and take a sip.

These styles should be available towards the end of November or early December.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Dammit, I wish we could NB in MI.  I had Hoptober when we were in CA/NV and it's good stuff.  We didn't check any bags, so I couldn't bring any home (but I laughed at the full bottle of wine in the trash at Vegas security.  Hello, it's 2011...are there really still people who think they can bring that in carry-on?  A woman ahead of us had a new bottle of perfume that she had to toss, too).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Also, I was just in Chicago and stumbled across some LoF Transatlantique Kriek.  I figured it was being reissued and grabbed just one bottle.  I sent a note to the local rep, dude who gives me pipeline updates such as above.  He told me that it has NOT been reissued and the bottles I saw were 2 1/2 years old/aged.  They were not jacked up either, just the usual price.  Yeah, it was tasty, not great, but not bad.  BA had not reviewed it too well before.  Now, I wonder who in Chicago I can get to go pull the other bottles...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Now, I wonder who in Chicago I can get to go pull the other bottles...

Where was it?  My brother lives in the city...and is a beer junkie (as is his GF, who brews).  He could probably help you out.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay