Drinkers with a Running Problem

New Belgium (Read 460 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Evanston First, on Davis st.  I cannot remember how many bottles there were, maybe 2-4 more.  If he can get up there, I'd love at least 3 Smile And I am good for cash or beer swap!

Prince of Fatness

New Lips of Faith:

These styles should be available towards the end of November or early December.

Hmm.  I am heading to SC in a couple of weeks.  May be too early.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Hmm.  I am heading to SC in a couple of weeks.  May be too early.

Hopefully not too early for a Snow Day.  I also had a 1554 over the weekend and am almost out.  I need to stock up.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Hopefully not too early for a Snow Day.

Snow day is one of the new arrivals.  I'll be stocking up soon.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Nice!  I have not had any yet, but a friend reports good things.

Prince of Fatness

Nice!  I have not had any yet, but a friend reports good things.

I'll report back within a week's time.  I'm curious what they will have in regard to LOF.  I'll get another bottle of Clutch if they have it, but hopefully those new selections that you mentioned a few posts back will be available.  I'll get some 1554, and am also hoping that Belgo is available (they didn't have that one last month when my friend went but are expecting to get it).

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have not seen the new LOF yet, but every day that passes is a new day...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Evanston First, on Davis st.  I cannot remember how many bottles there were, maybe 2-4 more.  If he can get up there, I'd love at least 3 Smile And I am good for cash or beer swap!

Hey, my brother got back to me (apparently he rarely uses his Comcast email, anymore).  He doesn't get to Evanston very often, but said he'll see if Binny's might have it, next time he's in.  Or even see if that's something they can special order (I've never been to a Binny's, I don't think, but they are crazy huge).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well, Binny's is the local-to-Chicago chain.  I expect that Evanston First had it because it was old shelf stock, not because they had cellared it or because the local distributor still has it.  It would supremely surprise me if Binny's would have it.  Can't special order something that has been out of production for 2 1/2 years, I'd think.  The local rep here in Nashville said as much to me.

Sad

Thanks tho!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well, Binny's is the local-to-Chicago chain.  I expect that Evanston First had it because it was old shelf stock, not because they had cellared it or because the local distributor still has it.  It would supremely surprise me if Binny's would have it.  Can't special order something that has been out of production for 2 1/2 years, I'd think.  The local rep here in Nashville said as much to me.

Sad

Thanks tho!

Yeah, I didn't think it sounded like something that could be ordered or that a mega-beer-mart would have on-hand.  I wonder why the shop in Evanston still has it.  Perhaps the case got lost behind something else.

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

That's what I'm thinking.

Chicago peeps are funny.  Evanston is a short drive from much of Chicago during the weekend when traffic is low, but I have learned that asking one to drive there is like asking them to run up to Madison.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Chicago peeps are funny.  Evanston is a short drive from much of Chicago during the weekend when traffic is low, but I have learned that asking one to drive there is like asking them to run up to Madison.

Ha!  And the crazy thing is that he lives closer to Evanston now than he did a year ago when he was in the far NW burbs.  Now he's in the city.  His GF's parents live in the Rogers Park area, so he'd even have an excuse to be in that neck of the woods.  Here we think nothing of driving an hour to get somewhere, since everything is at least 30 minutes away, to begin with.

~ Sarah Kay

Prince of Fatness

It's snowing!  Heh.

I picked up some Snow Day, 1554, and some more Clutch.  They did not have the new LOF offerings yet.  There was some La Folie there but I really didn't need more of that.

Oh, and I checked out the growler station.  Nice.  They had a black IPA from some SC brewery.  I did not have a growler, but they were selling them.  I don't need another growler.  Dilemma.  But look, they have half growlers.  So I got one.  A quart of fresh draft black IPA goodness.....

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Snow Day.

I drank one after finishing that growler.  Snow Day is less hoppy than a black IPA, but hoppy.  I'd call it a hoppy winter warmer.  Tasty.  Glad I bought three sixers.

Drinking a 1554 now.  Damn, it's good.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Dude, look at the new arrivals in here and see what I just missed.  I bet that it was there.  WTF?  At least my buddy goes down there in December and I should get some then.

Not at it at all.