Drinkers with a Running Problem

New Belgium (Read 460 times)

Prince of Fatness

The latest Lips of Faith has been spotted.

And reviewed

Many thanks to the beer fairy!.  I split a bottle of this with my neighbor this past weekend.  It was indeed resiny and delicious.  I will be in New Belgium territory in a couple of weeks and am hoping I can get another bottle of it.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I had a hibiscus beer from Dieu Du Ciel just last month. Was not bad. Also coming is Transatlantic Kriek. 

NC runner

Cyber-bro

DON'T BRO ME IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Picked one up today.

Ah, timing.  My buddy just called from SC.  Lots of it in the store where he is.  I have several bottles coming my way.

Which means I should break out the bottle that the beer fairy sent to me.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

I'll be making another New Belgium run in November.  I wonder what they'll have.  I see at least a 12 pack of 1554 in my future.  This is the store where I get the stuff.  Is it heaven or what?

In the very near future I get to go here and stock up some New Belgium.  I'll get some Snow Day for sure.  Not sure if there will be any new LoF offerings.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This from the Middle TN rep, just yesterday:

Hope all is well and thanks for reaching out, always good to hear from you!  Anyways, as for the question below, not 100% sure yet.  I am thinking very soon on the Cascara Quad and the Heavenly Feijoa, beginning of February.  As for the Transatlantique Kriek, late February to early March.  Sorry I am not 100% but allocations have not be released by our production department at the brewery, meaning the styles may not of been brewed yet.  I will keep you in the loop as I know more.  Enjoy the upcoming week and until the next time enjoy some tasting notes on the styles:

Cascara Quad, 2013:

v  Style Expectation:

o   Belgian Strong Dark Ale (Quadruple)

v  Stats:

o   ABV=10%; IBU=22

v  Special Processes:

o   Addition of Cascara (tea)

o   Spiced with Date Sugar

v  Aroma Description:

o   Ripe figs, raisins, plums, black cherries, toffee, chocolate, pipe tobacco, leather bound books.

v  Taste Description:

o   Sweet and rich, huge complex overall taste.

Heavenly Feijoa Tripel with Brasserie Dieu du Ciel!, 2013:

v  Style Expectation:

o   Hybrid between an American Fruit Beer and a Belgian Tripel

v  Stats:

o   ABV=9%; IBU= minimal

v  Special Processes:

o   Addition of Feijoa and Hibiscus

v  Brand Story:

v  Montreal’s Dieu du Ciel! loves brewing with hibiscus flowers, and our brewmaster loves strange and worldly fruit.  Together it’s a heavenly Tripel with hibiscus and feijoa.  The aroma is luscious and tropical from the feijoa fruit, Belgian yeast and Nelson Sauvin hops.  The taste follows accordingly with sweet-fruit, mild spicy tones and a sharp bite.  Hibiscus adds a cranberry tartness and an ambrosial quality to the golden color.  The Dieu du Ciel! Collaboration is a wonderfully strong Tripel that will get you reaching for the sky.  Oh my God!  It’s not only a reaction for drinking one of Dieu du Ciel’s beers, but a figurative translation of the Montreal brewery’s name. Just ask our Brewmaster, he’s in heaven when drinking this collaborative Tripel with hibiscus and feijoa fruit.

Transatlantique Kriek, 2013:

v  Style Expectation:

o   Blended Kriek Lambic

v  Stats:

o   ABV=8%; IBU=8

v  Special Processes:

o   Blended at a ratio of 45% lambic to 55% strong golden ale

o   Fruited with Morello Cherries 

v  Aroma Description:

o   Wise cherries with the musty linger of oaken barrels. 

v  Taste Description:

o   Real cherry taste up front and a nice complex sourness

v  Brand Story:

o   In a never-ending quest to create new beers and defy category, New Belgium Brewing and Brewerij Boon of Belgium have partnered once again to create Transatlantique Kriek- a spontaneously fermented limbic ale made with Polish cherries.  This authentic kriek beer began life in the oaken vessels at Frank Boon’s brewery in the Lembeek region of Belgium.  After more than two years aging, Boon’s offering shipped across the Atlantic and found its way to the intuitive palate of New Belgium’s Brewmaster, Peter Bouckaert.  After much sampling and internal consultation, Peter and his brew staff created a full-bodied golden ale to round out the light-bodied kriek.  The cherry nose gives way to a pleasingly sour flash across the palate that rolls gently into a slightly sweet finish.  Crisp, effervescent carbonation keeps the mouthfeel bright and delightfully tingly.

Prince of Fatness

I am thinking very soon on the Cascara Quad and the Heavenly Feijoa, beginning of February.

That  blows.  I will be in NB distribution territory prior to then.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, too bad you don't know anybody in a LoF distribution area who ships to NJ...

Prince of Fatness

Yeah, too bad you don't know anybody in a LoF distribution area who ships to NJ...

Too bad indeed.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

No luck with those new LoF beers.  Too early.  Alas.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Springboard is now in a box.

And: Coconut Curry Hefe

And: Yuzu

And: something

And: Pluot