Drinkers with a Running Problem

tried some new beers (Read 242 times)

For some reason Leinenkugels has been appearing in stores in our area lately. I've given them a try - the white beer as well as the berry wheat - and have been reasonably impressed. Previously I had only seen Leinenkugel's Red here and there, and I'm always suspect of brews that use "red" in their nomenclature, thinking it's pure marketing and not a true beer style per se. (*cough*Killians) Also, was at a local pub for lunch yesterday and they have a huge cooler of craft and import brews. I tried one called Dale's, only because it was a micro/craft brew that comes in a can. Pretty darn good - I'm a hop head to the n'th degree and this stuff was certainly potent.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I like the Leinie's Sunset Wheat. The Big Butt is good, too. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Urbansix, Leinie's Sunset Wheat is my favorite of their offerings. Zoomers and I had a discussion a couple of months ago and we agreed that we didn't care for the Berry Weiss. I've seen Dale's in my local brewpub, but I haven't tried it, because I am definitely not a hophead. I'm more of a roasted barly/malt kind of guy.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoomers and I had a discussion a couple of months ago and we agreed that we didn't care for the Berry Weiss.
          "Didn't care for it" is putting it nicely. I think I've had vomit in my mouth that tasted better... Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I thought of it as a poor man's Framboise Lambic.... Sleepy
              "Didn't care for it" is putting it nicely. I think I've had vomit in my mouth that tasted better... Evil grin
              Sweet... Big grin

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

The Big Butt is good, too.
                I like Big Butt, and I cannot lie.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

C-R

Look at Jeff kickin it old school with Sir Mixalot. Tried Bells Porter on tap last night. Much better than the bottle. Drink enough of them and you too can have that Big Butt

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I tried many new beers during my vacation/race trip to Moab, UT. During said post race beer tasting extravaganza I tried 10-12 different beers. My conclusions: I prefer amber to brown ales, there are some exceptions. Dark, rich stouts and the likes are best enjoyed in small amounts. Conversely, I best enjoy beers in somewhat larger amounts. I like hops, a lot! Finishing aromatic hops are much, much better than bittering. (IMO) I do remember the Newcastle Brown Ale, it is quite tasty but not at all worth paying twice the cost of domestic micros that are just as good(or better) Take notes My grand tasting experience was almost all for nothing (almost) I wish I could remember what I tried and exactly why I did or did not like the beer