Drinkers with a Running Problem

Upland Secret Barrel Society (Read 65 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

So Trent, are you going to frame your Secret Barrel Society certificate?

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Gonna make coasters out of it.

Prince of Fatness

Oh sure, I could throw them money for some vague promise. Who does that?

Not me ....

I would want Upland to be more forth coming as to what those would be and if they don't want to do that I would probably pass.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Well, I decided to go for it. It was totally worth it just for the certificate Joking

We'll see if it was worth the price of admission.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Well, I decided to go for it. It was totally worth it just for the certificate Joking

We'll see if it was worth the price of admission.

if nothing else, you are supporting a local business which is always a good thing

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

if nothing else, you are supporting a local business which is always a good thing

That's one of the thoughts I had going into it. If I can get a Sour Reserve and a Malefactor out of it I'll be happy. I'll use the ticket to the Sour Wild and Funk Fest and probably the other events as well. I don't expect to get my full investment back and I'm OK with it.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Again, they did a crappy job of setting this up as a support opportunity. Everybody else in the industry trying to do this includes bottles in the investment. That Upland does not indicates to me that they do not know the industry or their customers well. Why would I invest in a company that does not know its competitors or customers?

Prince of Fatness

Again, they did a crappy job of setting this up as a support opportunity. Everybody else in the industry trying to do this includes bottles in the investment. That Upland does not indicates to me that they do not know the industry or their customers well. Why would I invest in a company that does not know its competitors or customers?

Party Pooper.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

... Although I sincerely do hope it pays off for WhoDat. It would be great if you could tell us all, I told you so.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I agree, but my hope is that they learn from this and turn it into something good. I'm not going into it with that expectation though. I like Upland, but if it turns out to be a total cluster then I'll just find some other way to support the local breweries.

which is why it didn't make sense for you, Mr Finn or me to purchase a membership. It does however, make sense for WDR especially since he will be able to take advantage of the parties and other local perks. In the end he is supporting a local business even if you do not agree with their business model

Feeling the growl again

I'll just find some other way to support the local breweries.

I've got about 7lbs of extra weight slung around my middle showing my support of local breweries.  Black eye

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Damn you!

A nice looking lineup like that fosters envy to be sure.

Are those Society members only?

Very nice!! Definitely jealous, especially of the Peach and Blueberry