Drinkers with a Running Problem

Upland Secret Barrel Society (Read 65 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

They just announced a new lottery. Was there also a member release announced?

Prince of Fatness

http://beerstreetjournal.com/upland-public-sour-lottery-opens-june-25th/

DMNT.  I'd be interested in a couple of those.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Yes, but I thought this thread had jumped the shark and no one was interested.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Heh. I'd love Orchid, Sour Reserve and maybe the others Smile

You still able to order?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

(but yeah, Upland has jumped the shark a bit)

Prince of Fatness

Yes, but I thought this thread had jumped the shark and no one was interested.

Only according to one unnamed monkey.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

I'd love Orchid, Sour Reserve

Yes, please.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

j/k 

I've just been lazy and haven't posted it yet. I'll get it up shortly.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Hello Secret Barrel Society Members,

This is to notify you that it's almost time for another sour lottery! You will receive your invitation to the reservation site on June 17th. The reservation period will be open from 12pm EST on Wednesday, June 17th until 12pm EST on Wednesday, June 24th.

Each member may reserve up to 6 bottles each of Cherry, Sour Reserve #6, Kiwi and Orchid. Please make your selections by 12pm EST on Wednesday, June 24th.

Fruited Lambics  (Cherry & Kiwi)- Lambics have been made in Belgium for over 500 years, and we're honoring this tradition by brewing our own Indiana version. Upland lambic-style sour ales are fermented by wild yeast and aged in oak casks for over a year which creates a tart, complex beer. We then add whole berries, in this case blueberries or blackberries, giving the beer enticing aromas and flavors. Once the fruit has been added, the beer is bottle conditioned, which adds a zesty and refreshing carbonation. Upland lambic-style sour ales are the perfect drink to share with friends over a plate of good cheese and fresh fruit. The peaches this year were sourced from Georgia and the persimmons are from Indiana.

Sour Reserve -  We began our sour ale project in 2006 with only four oak barrels previously used to age red wine. The number has grown over the years, along with the amount of sour ale we’ve brewed. Each barrel develops unique characteristics as it ferments independently, and just as Belgian brewers have been doing for centuries, we’ve sought out our favorite barrels, some young, some several years old, for blending. By blending the sour ale from these barrels together in various amounts, we created in this bottle a live harmony of tartness, fruitiness, and layers of flavor that can never be replicated.

Orchid: To continue the edible flower theme, we decided to change our flora this year from Viola to Orchid. Specifically edible orchids from the Dendrobrium genus, as the entire orchid family is thousands of species in number. A mild, sweet and pleasant floral fragrance and flavor accompanies the textured sour and caramel notes of the small beer. Enjoy with dry Monterey Jack, roasted root vegetables, and caramel brownies.

Prince of Fatness

One each of Sour Reserve and Orchid for me please.

Thanks as always for doing this.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Sour Reserve #6 Cherry Kiwi Orchid
                        Allotment   6  6  6  6

WhoDat  1  1  1  1
                         Trent  1  1  1  1
                         Finn  1      1
                         EricM  1      1
                         Spaniel        
                         C-R        
                         jS        1

Claimed  4  2  2  5
                         Available  2  4  4  1

Seems like all the cool kids are doing it , so I'll take a Sour Reserve and an Orchid as well. Thanks Whodat

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Seems like all the cool kids beer nerds are doing it , so I'll take a Sour Reserve and an Orchid as well. Thanks Whodat

Got it.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hell, do me across the board... Thx!