Drinkers with a Running Problem

Upland Secret Barrel Society (Read 65 times)

Feeling the growl again

What is this?

http://uplandbeer.com/brew/a-barrel-named-phyllis/

Good question.  Other than branding, it would be nice to know the differentiating history of this particular barrel.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

It's beer.

Beer that I would drink at that.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Beer that I would drink at that.

I do have two bottles waiting for me. I wasn't sure how to fairly offer up the extra bottle, so I did not list it with the rest.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

I do have two bottles waiting for me. I wasn't sure how to fairly offer up the extra bottle, so I did not list it with the rest.

My "I would drink that" statements always contain an inherent "if available" clause.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Bring one to Monkey to share...

I wasn't sure how to fairly offer up the extra bottle...

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

My "I would drink that" statements always contain an inherent "if available" clause.

I can save one to share at the next Beer Mile ;-)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Hello Secret Barrel Society Members,

This is your reminder that the reservation site for the November sour release will open November 4th - November 11th. You will receive your invitation to the reservation site before noon on November 4th; if you do not receive this invitation please email sours@uplandbeer.com.

Each member may reserve up to 6 bottles of each of the Way Down Yonder, Strawberry, Malefactor, Blueberry and 3 bottles of Mayhaw. Please make your selections by noon on Wednesday, November 11th.  

Please make your selections by 12pm EDT on Wednesday, November 11th. We will be unable to change your reservation after this time.

Bottles may be picked up during the pickup period (December 2nd - December 16th)

Fruited Lambics - Lambics have been made in Belgium for over 500 years, and we're honoring this tradition by brewing our own Indiana version. Upland lambic-style sour ales are fermented by wild yeast and aged in oak casks for over a year which creates a tart, complex beer. We then add whole berries, in this case blueberries or blackberries, giving the beer enticing aromas and flavors. Once the fruit has been added, the beer is bottle conditioned, which adds a zesty and refreshing carbonation. Upland lambic-style sour ales are the perfect drink to share with friends over a plate of good cheese and fresh fruit. The strawberries this year are from Heartland Family Farms and the blueberries are from Canada.

Way Down Yonder: Beer is the best reason for a road trip.

This past spring we traveled down south to visit our old friends at Great Raft Brewing in Shreveport, Louisiana to experience southern hospitality. We shared beer, traded war stories and together we chose this sour blend of both persimmons and pawpaws aged on our sour reserve. These two wild, forgeable fruits blend in harmony just like old friends.

Mayhaw: The Mayhaw, or Crataegus aestivalis, is a fruit bearing member of the hawthorn family of plants, indigenous to the bayous of the Southern United States. These prized berries are a delicacy, and commonly used to make jellies and jams. We allowed the flavors of this fruit to be showcased by adding liberally to our Sour Reserve. Enjoy with good company over a friendly game of Bourré and Natchitoches-style crawfish pies. 

Malefactor: Developed as a stronger version of a Flanders-style Red Ale, Malefactor is our only sour aged in bourbon barrels that have been previously used to age beer at least once. This creates petite notes of bourbon character, and darker, charred wood character. Malefactor also undergoes a turbid mash, with a portion of flaked maize being boiled with the rest of the malt bill, including Vienna and caramel malts. A different cocktail of microorganisms are involved in fermentation, which creates sour notes, and hints of cherry pie. Malefactor is aged for up to 8 months or more before packaging.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

One of each please.

And: sigh.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Way Down Yonder Strawberry Blueberry Malefactor Mayhaw
                      Allotment   6  6  6  6  3

WhoDat  1        1
                       Trent  1  1  1  1  1
                       Finn  1        1
                       EricM          
                       Spaniel          
                       C-R          
                       jS          
                       DH          
                       AW          

Claimed  3  1  1  1  3
                       Available  3  5  5  5  0

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

One of each please.

Trent must have a Google Alert set up 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Prince of Fatness

+1

One Way Down Yonder and one Mayhaw please.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Bring growlers of these bad boys to Monkey!

http://mybeerbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/11/upland-side-trail-series-7-syrupticious.html

The Barrel Chested Barleywine is available in bottles.

I still don't know if I'll make it down for Monkey. Hopefully I'll know something next week. If I do, I'll bring you a box of beer for trade.