Drinkers with a Running Problem

Upland Secret Barrel Society (Read 65 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Are those Society members only?

I don't think so. Here's what they've said applies to SBS members.

– Society members will be allowed to select one bottle per style to count from the 8 guaranteed for purchase (members do not have to indicate a guaranteed bottle to be able to also reserve additional bottles)
    – Subject to availability, members will be able to select a quantity of additional bottles for purchase that will not count against their 8 guaranteed. When available, up to two additional bottles per style will be offered. (We highly anticipate there will be additional bottles always available, allowing members first access to purchase nearly 40 bottles in 2014, if they so wish.)

I believe there will be some releases for SBS members only. I'm guessing that's the Secret Series at the bottom of the image.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Very nice!! Definitely jealous, especially of the Peach and Blueberry

It looks like there should be opportunities for me to pick up extra bottles, so hopefully I'll be able to share. Smile

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Nice lineup is right.  Looks like you'll be drinking lots of sours WhoDat.  Pucker up!

Not at it at all. 

It looks like there should be opportunities for me to pick up extra bottles, so hopefully I'll be able to share. Smile

Sweet or should I say SourWink

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ya, that's how I read it too...

Feeling the growl again

Nice lineup is right.  Looks like you'll be drinking lots of sours WhoDat.  Pucker up!

So when you have to make room for all those sours, WhoDat, you can feel free to drop off those useless non-sours down the road at my place...  Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

So when you have to make room for all those sours, WhoDat, you can feel free to drop off those useless non-sours down the road at my place...  Big grin

Nah, I'm just going to get you hooked on sours. I need someone to help me drink those things.

Feeling the growl again

Nah, I'm just going to get you hooked on sours. I need someone to help me drink those things.

I'm open to it.  I had ONE I did not like (really, REALLY did not like).  I will not exclude an entire class based on that.  The last one I had (Sun King) I liked.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

Do a sour mile and I may make another appearance.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Do a sour mile and I may make another appearance.

It's  BYOB.  Saddle up.

Crikey, getting ahold of 4 sours would make it like an $60 race.

Prince of Fatness

It's  BYOB.  Saddle up.

Crikey, getting ahold of 4 sours would make it like an $60 race.

Hard to find them in anything in other than bombers, and I ain't doin' 4 of those.  There is Monk's Cafe but that is 11.2 oz.  May need a waiver for that one.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Hard to find them in anything in other than bombers, and I ain't doin' 4 of those.  There is Monk's Cafe but that is 11.2 oz.  May need a waiver for that one.

So SJ would be happy, I could finally provide barf at the beer mile.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Dear SBS Member,

More good stuff! We would like to test our new notification and pickup process before we ring in the New Year. You will be able to reserve in advance one bottle per style in our upcoming release, the last release for 2013, and it will not count against the 8 bottles we guaranteed for 2014 pickup. The styles included are Raspberry, Cherry and Sour Reserve 4. Next Monday, the 18th of November, you will receive an email allowing you to select pickup location and the bottles you wish to purchase. We are allowing one week for members to submit their selections, before we open the lottery. We will be opening pickups for reserved bottles from December 9th to December 23rd. Cool, huh?

Thanks again for supporting our brewery and Happy Holidays!

Caleb

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Also from the same newsletter.

Synthesis

The practice of blending beers is nearly as old as brewing itself, although its purpose has changed over time. Centuries ago, breweries delivered beer to pubs, where it was blended with older batches to create a consistent "house" product. However, blending is now much more often experimental. As Upland is now in our sixth year of brewing sour ales, experimenting was exactly what we had in mind when we approached New Belgium about creating a unique blend of sour ales. A mutual admiration for old world sour ale brewing and the nature of the beer itself prompted the idea of collaboration.

Two different blends were made, a light and a dark, simply because it sounded more fun. Both breweries have both light and dark sours in their respective portfolios, and the idea of using all of these beers for this project was too exciting to pass up!

We chose the suffix "Synth" because that's exactly what these beers are: synthesis.  Combining different entities to make something new and unique. Light Synth and Dark Synth combine respect for a traditional brewing style with passion for innovation. Light Synth is a blend of 50% New Belgium Felix, 40% Upland Sour Reserve, and 10% Upland Cherry Lambic. Light Synth is pleasantly sour, with notes of fresh cherries and fruity esters, and a dry mouthfeel. Dark Synth is a blend of 50% New Belgium Oscar, 40% Upland Dantalion, and 10% Upland Raspberry Lambic. Dark Synth has a moderate body with clean sour notes, hints of raspberries and chocolate, with a gentle aroma of herbs and spices. New Belgium will be bringing a blend of Light Synth with 10% Boon Kriek, and Dark Synth to FoBAB this weekend, and Upland will release 750 ml bottled versions in early 2014, and of course, Secret Barrel Society members will have first dibs!

Dear SBS Member,

More good stuff! We would like to test our new notification and pickup process before we ring in the New Year. You will be able to reserve in advance one bottle per style in our upcoming release, the last release for 2013, and it will not count against the 8 bottles we guaranteed for 2014 pickup. The styles included are Raspberry, Cherry and Sour Reserve 4. Next Monday, the 18th of November, you will receive an email allowing you to select pickup location and the bottles you wish to purchase. We are allowing one week for members to submit their selections, before we open the lottery. We will be opening pickups for reserved bottles from December 9th to December 23rd. Cool, huh?

Thanks again for supporting our brewery and Happy Holidays!

Caleb

good deal!! wish me luck in the lotteryWink