Drinkers with a Running Problem

Upland Secret Barrel Society (Read 65 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Yeah. So today I got a winner email. Weird. 

So, 2 more Cherry and 2 more Raspberry?

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Updated:

Sour Reserve 4: 3

Raspberry Lambic: 5

Cherry Lambic: 6

MrFinn: Sour Reserve 4

EricM: Sour Reserve 4, Raspberry

Trent: Cherry (5), Raspberry (3)

Me: Sour Reserve 4, Raspberry, Cherry

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Just one more if each. Ya.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I braved the snowstorm today to head out to the Upland tasting room. I now have a crap load of lambics for you people.

They opened the tasting room an hour early for SBS members. No waiting in line and they had food and samples of several of their other sours. Got to sample the strawberry, kiwi, and blackberry. Also got to try samples of their New Belgium collaboration beers Lightsynth and Darksynth.

Overall a a pretty cool little event.

I braved the snowstorm today to head out to the Upland tasting room. I now have a crap load of lambics for you people.

They opened the tasting room an hour early for SBS members. No waiting in line and they had food and samples of several of their other sours. Got to sample the strawberry, kiwi, and blackberry. Also got to try samples of their New Belgium collaboration beers Lightsynth and Darksynth.

Sweet!! what did you think of the lambics, since I have all of those in the cellar?

Feeling the growl again

I wondered.  Watching Untappd from the airport, either they had tastings or you had taken that box of sours and gotten yourself really, really sloppy.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Sweet!! what did you think of the lambics, since I have all of those in the cellar?

I'm not real big on strawberries, but the strawberry lambic was excellent. The kiwi was a close second. The blackberry didn't seem to have quite as much fruit flavor, but was still very good. The New Belgium collaborations were very interesting. The Lightsynth had a lot of complex flavors going on and was very tasty. I really liked the Darksynth. Very interesting with the darker sours mixed with raspberry.

I'm not real big on strawberries, but the strawberry lambic was excellent. The kiwi was a close second. The blackberry didn't seem to have quite as much fruit flavor, but was still very good. The New Belgium collaborations were very interesting. The Lightsynth had a lot of complex flavors going on and was very tasty. I really liked the Darksynth. Very interesting with the darker sours mixed with raspberry.

Those all sound great!! Looks like I should drink the blackberry first especially since it was from 2012. I'm guessing there might be no fruit left at this point

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Leftovers going for sale today

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Another release next week.

--------------------------------------

Dear SBS Member,

Great news! Our Sour production has been even more fruitful than expected lately, and as a result, your member benefits are increasing. Rather than limiting guaranteed reservations to eight individual releases this year, we will be able to guarantee each Secret Barrel Society member at least one reservation of every style as they are released throughout the year, regardless of how many styles are released- and there will be much more than eight!

The reservation process for our next sour release begins one week from today. On Monday January 20th, you will receive an email inviting you to visit secretbarrelsociety.eventbrite.com. Please click the link and indicate which bottles you would like to reserve by Monday January 27th.  Each SBS Member may reserve up to three bottles of each style- Strawberry, Raspberry, and Blueberry- for a total of nine bottles. As always, feel free to contactsours@uplandbeer.com with any questions or concerns.

----------------------------------------

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Blueberry and Strawberry plz  Wink

blueberry please, if you have any left

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

If they do a lottery, I'll play that too/instead.