Drinkers with a Running Problem

Rye Saison (Read 348 times)

A Dance with Monkeys

Queen of 3rd Place

mmmm...me likey a saison...but rye ales can make for some special farts...

2013 Valley Runner of the Year Series: Feb 16 5K (4 points out of 10) ... Mar 2 10K (20/30)... Mar 16 4Mi (21/30) ... Apr 6 10K (DNS) ... Apr 21 2Mi (5/10) ... May 11 5Mi (21/30)... Jun 8 1Mi (13/20) ... Jun 16 6Mi (22/30) ... Sep 28 10K (14/20) ... Oct 5 5K (7/10) ...Oct 12 5Mi (16/20) ... Oct 20 5K (0/10) = 3rd Place, Women's Senior Division

Prince of Fatness

Well what do you know?    One of these showed up at my doorstep recently.

It just so happens that I am brewing a rye saison this weekend, so what I will do is put this one in the fridge and have it while I am brewing.

Semi-retired.

A Dance with Monkeys

Full report, with photos...

Prince of Fatness

Full report, with photos...

Photos of what?  You've seen photos of me brewing before.  However, I will let you know if there are any special farts as Arla says.

Semi-retired.

Prince of Fatness

Interesting brew day for sure.  First of all, the Yazoo Rye Saison was very good.

There was a piece of grain that made its way into the chuck of my drill while I was milling.  It jammed up the chuck and I had a hell of a time getting the chuck off.  My drill may be DOA.  It was a cheap 20 year old drill so no big loss if that is the case.

Believe the stories about rye making for a gooey, sticky mess.  The sparge took 3 hours (normally no longer than half an hour).  Next time I brew with rye I will be adding lots of rice hulls.  It was a long brew day.

But, the world did not come to an end and I have a batch of beer fermenting in the bucket.

Semi-retired.