Drinkers with a Running Problem

Post Housewarming Party Race Day (Read 199 times)

Go Pre!

We went to see our good friend's new house Saturday eve. Saw a lot of people we hadn't seen in years. I stuck to beer, the mrs jumped back and forth from wine, to vodka. (gulp - recipe for trouble for her) We and a few others closed the party around 1AM as most of the 'half-milers' left by 11. The mrs and I stumbled to home BUT we got up in time for her 10k race (I had to take little Cam to hockey so I missed out on the races this week). It was a cold windy day, but the race goes on : ) So, somehow, she ran 90 seconds faster than her best 10K, the second time she has 10K PR'd with a hang over!!! And the bonus award goes to our daughter (14) for babysitting Cam and staying up late, then running the 5K in 23:00 and winning the 15 and under AG, 3rd female (of 107) and 22nd overall (of 174) I got to the race in time to see them finish. Boy did I have runners envy! But it was nice to see them do well, and it's always nice to have a reason to hang around for the awards Smile Dave

The voice of mile 18

how much did your daughter have to drink? Wink congrats to them both

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Go Pre!

how much did your daughter have to drink? Wink congrats to them both
        she's not saying Shy
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Canadians rock! Hmm...maybe I should follow that recipe and get blitzed before my next race.... Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay