Drinkers with a Running Problem

Weyerbacher Old Heathen Imperial Stout (Read 226 times)

Prince of Fatness

I went over to the brewery last weekend and got a growler full. Beer + Fire in the fireplace + Eagles win = Good times. This beer is pretty damn good. Review

Not at it at all. 

I went over to the brewery last weekend and got a growler full. Beer + Fire in the fireplace + Eagles win = Good times. This beer is pretty damn good. Review
      Let's carry the Eagles win into tomorrow... E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!! Haven't had this Weyerbacher brew yet. I think I need to check it out. Sounds like your beer tastes and mine are similar. Better watch those trips to Easton - I hear it's a straight ticket to AA if you become a regular at a brewery. Big grin

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Prince of Fatness

Better watch those trips to Easton - I hear it's a straight ticket to AA if you become a regular at a brewery. Big grin
        Well then I blame you. As close as the place is to me you gave me the kick in the ass to go over there. It's too easy to go over and get a growler full. I'm enjoying a Winter Ale right now. Heh.

Not at it at all. 

Well then I blame you. As close as the place is to me you gave me the kick in the ass to go over there. It's too easy to go over and get a growler full. I'm enjoying a Winter Ale right now. Heh.
          I will shoulder that blame with pride. I had a couple of Winter Ales myself last night, watching the Cardinals (?!?!) break open a can of whoop-ass on Carolina. WTF was that?? Weyerbeacher Winter Ale is definitely in my top 5 winter brews. In case you're interested (or anyone else in the area reading this) there is a beer tasting hosted by WXPN (Univ. of Penn Radio) at the World Cafe Live on 2/28. I'm checking it out on the recommendation of a couple of friends. You can hop the train into the city, and the event is two blocks from 30th Street Station (much better than a DUI.) Here's the link: http://tickets.worldcafelive.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=676 I'm planning a trip to Easton to tour the Weyerbacher brewery when the weather's not quite so iffy. I'll let you know, maybe we could meet. GO BIRDS!! Jeff

Prince of Fatness

That beer fest sounds interesting, but it's a bit of a hike for me, so we'll see. Thanks for the tip. And did the birds look good yesterday or what?

Not at it at all. 

That beer fest sounds interesting, but it's a bit of a hike for me, so we'll see. Thanks for the tip. And did the birds look good yesterday or what?
              Man, this is a great ride! The best part is I'm in a no-stress zone, because we're playing with house money... we weren't supposed to be here in the first place! I hope they stay loose and focused. The Birds and the (other) birds are both peaking right now, but the Eagles definitely have the better team. If they can just shut down the Warner-Fitzgerald connection...