Drinkers with a Running Problem

Hi - I'm back (Read 196 times)

Go Pre!

I left for a long while - mainly because I dropped off the radar as far as alcohol intake goes and felt a wallflower here. BUT, that said, I still drink some, and it's quality, not quantity these days. Although 2 things...summer is here and I like to drink in the summer. AND running more mileage is allowing me a higher caloric intake! Bring it.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Never been much of a quantity drinker, either. I'd rather have 1 beer every night than 7 on a single night. So what are you drinking lately?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

Never been much of a quantity drinker, either. I'd rather have 1 beer every night than 7 on a single night. So what are you drinking lately?
        Can't seem to find this for home, but we get it at the pub after Wednesday night group runs and I love it At home we've been enjoying Rosemount, Wolfblas or Yellowtail Shiraz or ANY Pinot Grigio. Haven;t had hard liquor in a while!
          Gang from university and their spouses are coming for dinner tonight. Look. Out.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I drink a lot more wine during the cold months. During the summer it's all beer and mojitos.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I'd love to say that I am a strictly "quality" guy, and I guess I can in that I have long since transcended the American macro-brewery slush beer and now enjoy varieties of tasty brews in my life. My will power sucks when it comes to beer though, so "quantity" creeps in all too often. Blush I pay for that the next morning, particularly if it's a run day... My problem, like a lot of us, is the calories, so I have to adjust. Case in point - today is a rest day and I'm about to head out to my favorite brew pub for dinner and a few pints, so I have cut my intake drastically today to make up for my impending transgressions. Not the healthiest way, I know, but hey - it's all give and take, right? Wink

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Go Pre!

I drink a lot more wine during the cold months. During the summer it's all beer and mojitos.
                Damn, we have makings for mojitos - and I have to go out to a work "year end awards ball" Will have to save the mojitos for tomorrow - hair of the dog maybe.