Drinkers with a Running Problem

How many times per week ? (Read 343 times)

I would drink beer everyday if I could. Unfortunately, I can't afford the calories. But, I ususally do at least 2 times a week. Sometimes 3. ( if we go out to dinner during the week) Ever notice how a simple dinner out gets mega expensive, mega fast once you add 2 or 3 beers? I'm gonna have to start carrying a flask? lol

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...I probably drink more in the Winter. More wine than beer. Probably 1-3 nights/week, depending upon the week. We split a bottle of riesling before bed last night. I think a serving of wine is 3.5oz...so I probabably drink 2-6 servings of beer and/or wine/week. Not too much, in large part because of the calorie thing. Easy to overdo it...plus a few drinks make my "bad food" justifications kick in a lot more.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Lazy idiot

I'm a discriminating lightweight. I have an average of 2-3 per week.

Tick tock

Are we talking units, or occurences of drinking? The two are not the same... I try to keep my drinking confined to the weekend. I'll say 3-5 beers/week. Lately, anyways.

The voice of mile 18

I try for 1 wine a night. doctors order dontcha know

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

...---...

I'm a 1 or 2 beer per day kinda guy, as a general rule. When the work day is tough and not a run day, I'll have two for sure. Weekends are whatever...about the same unless we meet people out somewhere. Remember, beer after workout = good.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

obiebyke

I never drink alone, and don't keep alcohol in my house (long story), so that limits me. I'd say I drink 3 beers 3x /wk, about. And love every sip. Big grin

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Seems to me that we drink a lot more when we're on vacation or it's the holidays. After this past Xmas, I felt like checking myself into Betty Ford. It was like 11 days in a row. Time to give the ol' liver a brake! Drinking beer during the daytime ( or late morning ) is such a treat while on vacation. Love it! " I like a good beer buzz early in the morning"

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, yeah...drank a LOT more over the holidays and my brother's grad school commencement. It's funny, no one in my family would be considered a big drinker, but we all drink a lot more when we are together. Mostly beer and wine. We eat a lot more, too. Hence my holiday weight gain. Wink

~ Sarah Kay

...---...

Seems to me that we drink a lot more when we're on vacation or it's the holidays. After this past Xmas, I felt like checking myself into Betty Ford.
                      That made me laugh out loud...I think maybe because I relate.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

PWL

Has been

I used to drink more, but my wife is pregnant. She was kind of my drinking partner (before getting knocked up) so now I don't drink as often. I feel kind of guilty sucking down a cold one while she enjoys a lukewarm glass of water. Oh well--we drank too much before anyway...

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I used to drink more, but my wife is pregnant. She was kind of my drinking partner (which is how I was able to convince her to gett knocked up).
                          fixed. Dude, she eats for two. So you should drink for two. Get back out there trooper...
                            my friends and i all get together at the bar monday nights where there are like 50 beers on tap for $2.50. it makes mondays exceedingly easier to tolerate. i usually have 2-3 on mondays. lately, i've also felt like going to said bar on fridays after work (self-employed...so like 4pm Smile ) where i'll have another 1-2. then if we eat out with friends or cook a big meal at home, i'll have 1-2. crap, i think its time for my intervention...
                              I'm a 1 or 2 beer per day kinda guy, as a general rule. When the work day is tough and not a run day, I'll have two for sure. Weekends are whatever...about the same unless we meet people out somewhere.
                              Runner67 said it best. And, today is not a run day, so I'm looking forward very much to my two... at least... this evening.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Re vera, potas bene. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay