Drinkers with a Running Problem

Best after race spread (Read 353 times)

Pizza and beer! Rockenmama, Scout and myself ran the Shut up and Run 5k tonight. It was HOT out there, I think 90 when we ran, humidity at 54%...and it wasn't as flat as a course as I remembered. But afterwards they had kegs of beer and bottles of Corona! There was plenty of pizza for everyone, it was very nice. They had live music, which was really nice. I could have stayed there all night long.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

AWESOME! Though the fare after the Grand Rapids Marathon was also nice. Microbrewery beer and chili. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

AWESOME! Though the fare after the Grand Rapids Marathon was also nice. Microbrewery beer and chili. Big grin k
        I only had one slice of pizza, I was too busy chatting to have another one so now I'm STARVING. Chili would have been good! Ice-cream even better. Big grin

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

How'd the run go?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

How'd the run go?
            It was hot, did I mention that?? Stupid hot, like 90 degrees. The race went okay. Scout did 21 something, I did 23:18 and Pam did 25:17. I won a bobble head for coming in second in my age group, first time for winning a bobble head, that was cool.

Michelle

As usual, the hills killed my energy. I need to work on that. Scout hurt something during the week and still rain an awesome time, but I think he's going to take it easy for the next day or two. At least I think he should.

Michelle

The winner came in at 15:20!!! (or something like that)

Michelle

Pam's twins were super cute. They were very polite and didn't mind the heat! It made my day as they waved at me each time I ran by (The course had us run the hill THREE times...ick).

Michelle

Thanks Michelle, I'm partial to them too. OH thanks for rubbing in about the post run meal. I got spanish rice and a protein drink around 10 pm Angry BTW thinking of doing the 15k part of double trouble in Reading on the 24th. I know it's your son's birthday (if I remember correctly so totally understand if you can't. HOWEVER might be fun Wink Oh since you mentioned the course. THAT was the most IDIOTIC course I've ever ran! Could of been the fact that dh's fit totally made me feel like quitting the race before the very first turnaround that I didn't like it. It's definetly partially the reason. Not sure why I let dh's moods effect me like I do.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Not sure why I let dh's moods effect me like I do.
                      I can be in a great mood, then sometimes did will be a crabass and it's almost as if he takes a big fat shit on my mood, then he gets all "what the hell is your problem...?"

~ Sarah Kay

Mmmmm after race beer!
                        2009: BQ?
                        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I can be in a great mood, then sometimes did will be a crabass and it's almost as if he takes a big fat shit on my mood, then he gets all "what the hell is your problem...?"
                          Doh! He and I are alike... Roll eyes

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ugh, and ALL day did and the didlet were on each other's cases. Free to good home(s): 1 adult male - healthy, housetrained, good with kids and other pets. Willing to perform basic household chores. Bicycle included. 1 juvenile male - up to date on all shots, good with pets and other kids, cute. Very high energy. Leapster included.

~ Sarah Kay

Ugh, and ALL day did and the didlet were on each other's cases. Free to good home(s): 1 adult male - healthy, housetrained, good with kids and other pets. Willing to perform basic household chores. Bicycle included. 1 juvenile male - up to date on all shots, good with pets and other kids, cute. Very high energy. Leapster included.
                              *lol* Let us know if you get any takers - Oh, and can you ask if they are looking for more (I have some to spare). Big grin I'll Throw in a mini-van, a case of beer, and lots of waffles (my aunt just gave us 6 boxes of them!!)

Michelle

The voice of mile 18

cognrats on the hardware! in case you needed another 5k with a good spread afterward and supposedly wickedily strong margeritas: http://www.lin-mark.com/race/details.asp?race_id=639

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy