Drinkers with a Running Problem

Race tomorrow -- probably will still be drunk (Read 326 times)

So -- tomorrow I have a 10K ... I'd like to PR, and based on recent runs, I probably will would have. But: tonight is the last law school party of the year, and it will be balls to the wall. So, I'll probably still be drunk or v. hungover tomorrow, and I will probably run a crappy race, but hey, my Drinks With A Running Problem will be proud!
    2009: BQ?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Trishie, you rock! You make me want to go to law school, too! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

So -- tomorrow I have a 10K ... I'd like to PR, and based on recent runs, I probably will would have. But: tonight is the last law school party of the year, and it will be balls to the wall. So, I'll probably still be drunk or v. hungover tomorrow, and I will probably run a crappy race, but hey, my Drinks With A Running Problem will be proud!
        Of course we'll be proud ! Just getting yourself to the start line will be enough to make me proud...after such a big party night. Balls to the walls...what a nasty visual!! Shocked

Michelle

Tricia...you rock!!! This reminds me of my first year in grad school. I was part of one of the greatest cohorts ever at USF...we just jelled and kicked butt in school and on the town. Well, the night before the annual Heart Walk, three of our most "kick a55" women did a night out on the town like no other. So, in the morning, less than an hour to the Heart Walk, they all made it home, still fully in their cups. But, no one in our group ever shirked from a commitment. So, they hit the showers, got their gear on (with sunglasses and breath mints) and made it to the Heart Walk. Well, as we all were walking a woman came by with the hugest dog I have ever seen. And one of the notorious three proclaimed, "look...a pony!!!" She really thought it was...Shetland...or something. Well, after that, everything became a pony...maybe you had to be there...but, it was a good time!!
          If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And one of the notorious three proclaimed, "look...a pony!!!" She really thought it was...Shetland...or something. Well, after that, everything became a pony...maybe you had to be there...but, it was a good time!!
            Oh, I am laughing at this...sounds like something I would do after a few drinks. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Sweet....pony's rock!
              If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Tricia, we expect a good story. And not about the race, either.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I missed my race this morning ... because: 1. It was raining. HARD. 2. I overslept. 3. I was still drunk at 6:30 a.m. Meh. I know it's kind of bad (I did pay for it) but I have another 10K in a couple of weeks (and then no races until the Baltimore Half in October). Last night was awesome! I picked up some good beer and went to my friend's house. We had a couple of beers and watched Flip This House ( love house renovation shows!). Then her boyfriend picked us up and drove us to the party (it was only a few blocks away but it was raining and we were lazy). The boys set up a tent over the back patio and had an outdoor fire place going. Played some flip cup, drank drank drank, then went out to the bars. I vaguely remember someone pouring beer into my water ... hmm, strange. Oh, and then I inhaled some pizza, ohhh that was good.
                  jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

No need to feel bad about missing the race. You have years of racing ahead of you, but you (usually) only graduate law school once. Congrats!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Trishie, I am LOL at your "race report!" Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Awh, you guys are the best! Big grin I sent my friend an email today: did we take a cab home? If so, I want to give you a couple bucks.
                          Fun. I need a night like that. It's been so long since I've had a carefree fun night of drinking!! Geesh, I think it's been a few weeks since I've even had a beer. No, wait...I had one on Friday night. Just one though, none of mine were cold so I had one my husband's beer and I don't care for his brand that much.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh, and I need to quit drinking. I generally only drink 1x/week, but lately I've done it up right. The last couple of weekends I have ended the night after my long run for the week by splitting a bottle of strong riesling with DH, followed by 1-2 beers. Then I don't sleep for shit. Not so good for effective recovery after long runs... Though I guess I'm still a lightweight. My sister was telling me that this weekend she drank a bottle of wine and about 6 beers over the course of 10 hours with her BF and friends after moving into their new place. k

~ Sarah Kay

she drank a bottle of wine and about 6 beers over the course of 10 hours with her BF and friends after moving into their new place.
                              Drinking was something that was done quite often at my house. We had friends over more and we stayed up late playing cards and playing drinking games. The past couple of years things have slowed down and now we don't ever hang out. It's annoying. Although I've had the chances to drink and turned them down since I knew the next day was an early run day or something.

Michelle

I sent my friend an email today: did we take a cab home? If so, I want to give you a couple bucks.
                                Yes, quoting myself. WE did take a cab home ... and I paid for it! Also, I ate three cupcakes at the bar, and ended up with frosting in my hair and all over my face. Classic Tricia.