Drinkers with a Running Problem

More Alabama booze nonsense (Read 161 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I was at a gas station picking up a diet pepsi today, and I noticed they had some classic ghetto wines in the 'fridge, including MD 20/20. Thunderbird and Wild Irish Rose. Now, I wasn't planning on buying, but I gave them a look for nostalgia's sake. And was horrified to notice that they all only seemed to have 13% alcohol. These are usually in the 18~20% range. I couldn't help but think that it was more AL nonsense along the same lines as the dumb laws that don't allow >6.5% alcohol in beers sold in the state. Heaven help me if my life ever sucks so bad that I want to drink Thunderbird, but if that's the case, I want the real deal, not this watered-down diet crap!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Don't even get me started on the dumb US laws that force British/European companies to export weaker versions of their beers and ciders, either. Stupid shit. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

Our beer here had 5 or 6% alcohol in it. I believe the Canadian beer that makes it your way has less than that. Silly, you have to visit the washroom a few extra times to catch the same buzz!
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Our beer here had 5 or 6% alcohol in it. I believe the Canadian beer that makes it your way has less than that. Silly, you have to visit the washroom a few extra times to catch the same buzz!
          It's really nuts. I loved the K hard cider in the UK (I think it's actually French). What I had in the UK was like 8% alcohol. I found it in the US and it had been emasculated down to 4%--that's not even the same product! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

That sounds familiar. I went to South Padre Island (TX) for spring break in college, and I actually got sick of hearing these Canadian dudes that were there brag about how much better Canada beer was and that our beer was watered-down piss. But you know what? They were absolutely right.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Zoomie, when I lived in London, I LIVED off of Scrumpy Jack cider! Damn that was good ! And how much do you love that the Magna Carter has a provision that beer/ cider must be served as a FULL PINT?
              2009: BQ?
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I LOVES me some Scrumpy Jack! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay