Drinkers with a Running Problem

I'm Going to a Beer Tasting Tonight (Read 163 times)

Very cool idea for those who want to sample beers for next to no $$. A friend of mine (this is the third tasting he's hosted) opens his house to friends, and friends of friends from 4:00 to ?? The premise? Have the opportunity to try different beers, meet new folks, and shoot the s**t about just about anything (but a lot of beer talk.) Sample cups are set out, bottles are opened and put on the counter, and help yourself! The cost? Everyone brings a six pack (or two, or a couple of growlers) of the beer that they would like others to try. Food? We all chip in a couple of bucks to cover the wings, etc he brings in, and those who like to cook bring something, too. It's a great time - believe me, there is plenty of beer and food, and it's not a drunkfest... just a bunch of people enjoying themselves and expanding their beer networks. Nice way to spend a winter's night, or a nice summer evening.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We did a wine party like this a month ago with a bunch of did's co-workers. It was a ton of fun. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Lucky. Bastard.
          That's a great way to learn about beers without committing a lot of bucks. Too bad we can't have virtual tasting here.
            That sounds like such a fun night. If I had more IRL friends I would consider trying this. Big grin

Michelle