Drinkers with a Running Problem

Are You? (Read 411 times)

Not sure if folks in this forum are Hashers or just Drunks. There is a slim difference between the two, but still a difference. Hashers are Drunks, but Drunks aren't necessarily Hashers. While you ponder the philosphical implications of that last statement, let's play Small World. I've wasted brain and liver cells with the following HHHs. Maybe we've done down downs together? Earlham College, IN (Mother Hash) Tokyo Hash (many varieties - Mens, Ladies, Friday Fukov, Samurai, Sumo, Reap Year) China Hash (Beijing, Shanghai. Beer and Food are cheap, but you get what you pay for) Heidelberg HHH (see romantic Germany through beer googles!) Motown-Ann Arbor HHH (just moved here, so only once with these folks) New Orleans HHH (Sort of. They manned a waterstop for the marathon. No beer though. Wankers!) On On!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'd LOVE to be a hasher! I think the nearest HHH group is over an hour away, though. I tried joining via their site, but something was wonky with their message board and it wouldn't take. All my e-mails trying to contact the admin. kept bouncing back, too. Probably just as well. I have a feeling running with that crowd would land me with some serious injuries. I'll stick to enjoying post-run beers in the safety of my own home. Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Now that I've looked up Hashing and realized that I don't have to answer whether I've inhaled or not, I have to give you guys three thumbs up! What an awesome activity!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

BTW, speaking of the small world thing...I live in MI, Tom lives in MI, and Jeff used-ta live in MI. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I don't know very many people from Michigan that don't drink rather voraciously. Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't know very many people from Michigan that don't drink rather voraciously. Big grin
              Bah. Amateurs. You haven't spent much time on the other side of Lake MI. Cheeseheads make you MI-born people look like a bunch of teetotalers. *swigs from her beer*

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Bah. Amateurs. You haven't spent much time on the other side of Lake MI. Cheeseheads make you MI-born people look like a bunch of teetotalers. *swigs from her beer*
                Don't make me open this up on you, cheese-girl...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Don't make me open this up on you, cheese-girl...
                  Hey, I didn't know Jones Soda made an energy drink...I wonder if it's any good? I like their funky flavored "pop" (for you MI natives). Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hey, I didn't know Jones Soda made an energy drink...I wonder if it's any good? I like their funky flavored "pop" (for you MI natives).
                    14 years away from the Mother Mitten has almost eradicated the use of the word "pop" for me -- it's all about the soda now. I'd always heard they called everything "Coke" in the South, but I haven't seen much evidence of that. As for your little Wisco boast ZZ, this Michigan boy's got beer drinking stories of his own that would make a cheeshead choke on his/her beer-brats (which are awesome, BTW). *slams the rest of his beer to rinse down the Percocet* Wink

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

beer-brats (which are awesome, BTW). *slams the rest of his beer to rinse down the Percocet* Wink
                      Mmm...beer brats! When I was hard-core low-carbing I referred to myself as "Body by Johnsonville." Seriously, though, I lost a lot of weight on a cheese and bratwurst heavy diet. Loved every minute of it! Beer and narcotics...cool. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Mmm...beer brats! ...I lost a lot of weight on a cheese and bratwurst heavy diet. Loved every minute of it!
                        *dribble dribble* (sound of Jeff drooling)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hey, I didn't know Jones Soda made an energy drink... I like their funky flavored "pop" (for you MI natives).
                          I actually have a can of the Whoop Ass, but I haven't opened it. I like to keep it on my desk to remind everyone who's boss (Ok, not me, but it helps). A few years back they had a holiday 5-pack, which I would love to try: # Turkey & Gravy Soda # Cranberry Soda # Mashed Potato & Butter # Green Bean Casserole # Fruitcake Soda

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think the cranberry one sounds REALLY good...the other ones...eh, not so much. k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I think the cranberry one sounds REALLY good...the other ones...eh, not so much.
                              I'm with you there. I would try them for the novelty, but I can't imagine actually finishing one. A Sacramento morning show sampled these a few years ago on the air and confirmed what you just said -- cranberry=good, others=hope you have something to rinse it down with. Dead

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You Are Pecan Pie Soda Sweet, but totally nuts What Jones Holiday Soda Are You?

~ Sarah Kay