Drinkers with a Running Problem

Drink Recipes (Read 1136 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Our dear group founder posted his Blue Hawaiian mix, and did posted his mojo-jito recipe, so I figured this would be a good thread to have in this group. I don't have anything to contribute at the moment, but I'm working on it...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Well, Jeff...could not leave you hanging...thanks for the shout out! So...this drink is perfect...the Kamikaze...and, oddly enough, if you drink these along with Miller Lites...you get crunk that much quicker.... ;-) Ingredient Amount Triple Sec 1 oz. Vodka 1 oz. Lime Juice 1 oz. Lime 1 wedge Cheers, Norm
      If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
        I must be butter...cause I am on a roll.... My favorite shot...which, if you all share your's...could get this thread rolling... But, my favorite shot is an.... ABC. Yes, it is the foundation of all shooters... A for Ameretto B for Baileys C for Cointreau And, if your favorite bartender has the proper, skinny shot glass...he/she can layer this shot just right...and it is....mmm mmm good! Cheers!
        If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kamikaze sounds great, but anything with Bailey's...blech, too sweet. Whiskey ain't supposed to be syrupy sweet! Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

anything with Bailey's...blech, too sweet.
            Hey, don't you be knockin' us Irish! Angry Actually, I'm not too much of a fan of sweet drinks, but as a non-coffee drinker I can say this -- a "little" bit o' Bailey's makes a cup o' joe taste real nniiiccee! Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think Kahlua is MUCH better in coffee...with a shot of heavy cream--YUM! Frangelico is good, too...mmm...loves me some hazelnut! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Hmmm...Kalhua is good Kirsten, but Baileys has more of a kick to it, in my humble opinion. So, I have to side with Jeff on this one...Baileys stands out more in a cup of coffee taking it to another level. Kahlua tends to conform more to the coffee...again, in my humble opinion. As to Frangelico...it is sure yummy...how do you like it best?
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

As to Frangelico...it is sure yummy...how do you like it best?
                  Just dumped into coffee with cream is good. I've never had it with ice cream, but I have heard that is good, too. I think it's pretty $$, which is why I have never bought a bottle. I'd have Chambord, too, were it not for the price. I had a Chambord martini about a year ago that knocked my socks off! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

I am a simple drink maker. The most creative we have been in the last while is the TVRs, good Bloody Caesars (which you neighbors to my south tend not to enjoy!) and we love a good marguerita!
                    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I think Kahlua is MUCH better in coffee...with a shot of heavy cream--YUM! Frangelico is good, too...mmm...loves me some hazelnut!
                      I'm partial to Bailey's because I'm partial Irish, but I do agree that Kahlua is excellent in coffee. Never tried Frangelico. Sounds like I need to brew up a pot of coffee, get a bottle of each, and keep on drinking until there's a clear winner. But if we're talking coffee drinks, I gotta go with Irish Coffee. I was lucky enough to first try this at the Buena Vista Bar in San Francisco (which supposedly introduced it to the U.S.) and was wowed by it. My wife pointed out that my impression may be clouded by the fact that I was already hammered when I got to the Buena Vista, but I'm standing by my review! * 2 parts Irish Whiskey * 4 parts Hot coffee * 1½ parts Fresh cream * 1tsp brown sugar

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hey RunningNorm! You may want to make this post sticky since it's all about sharing different drinks. (I think you are the one who can do that since you're the "moderator.") Cheers, Jeff

This post is now sticky as requested. And congrats to Jeff and Kirsten on becoming Admins for our group. Seemed a good idea if one or more of us is "in vino veritas" Cheers!
                          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

congrats to Jeff and Kirsten on becoming Admins for our group.
                            Umm, thanks..I think. Not sure if it's a good thing that I post so often to a forum about boozing that I get made an admin...

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Whatcha get when you combine: a) boredom b) a lonely old can of Dr. Pepper c) Jack Daniel's? A Pepper Jack! Now, I can't honestly tell you that this tasted much different than a regular ol' Jack and Coke, but maybe that's because I tend to mix drinks a little on the strong side. Let's put it this way -- if jeffgoblue mixes your drink, best not to take it near an open flame. Cheers, Jeff

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

This appears to be a valuable source of information: Drinksmixer.com