Drinkers with a Running Problem

Christmas Gift Help (Read 300 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Hi Drinkers!! I need some help! DH and I tried the homebrew thing last year. We rather enjoyed it and i was thinking it would make a good gift this christmas. We have the tools, but I would need to buy either a kit or supplies... Can I buy it on the internet? If I don't buy a kit then how do I know what to do and how much stuff to purchase? Thank you all for your help!!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Paging Dr. Trent...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Not sure what you are looking for. A kit? Supplies? A reason other than the birth of your messiah to buy gifts?

Oh Mighty Wing

Not sure what you are looking for. A kit? Supplies? A reason other than the birth of your messiah to buy gifts?
          in order to have a messiah you need to believe in a higher being. I do believe in Santa Clause and Decorated Trees though and holiday cheer! I'm not really sure what I am looking for either. We used a Pale Ale kit before - it was easy and pre-measured. Should we stick with that for a little while? How do you know when you are ready to move to doing it without a kit?
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Not true. Define Messiah.
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I don't ever use a kit. What are your brewing goals?

Oh Mighty Wing

Not true. Define Messiah.
                oh good point. Guess I would define it as a savior and so technically a savior wouldn't need to be related to a supreme being in anyway... regardless the messiah most commonly associated with Christmas would be Jesus - the son of God (to Christians anyway) and I don't believe he was a savior, I believe he was a great teacher. regardless, I'm not sure what my brewing goals are. I guess I would eventually want to be able to produce a unique brew.
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Kits are a great way to start, but kits ultimately are constraining. Is there a good brew store near you?

Oh Mighty Wing

Kits are a great way to start, but kits ultimately are constraining. Is there a good brew store near you?
                    how would I know if it's good? there is a brew store about 30 minutes away which is where I got our kit (and apparatus) last year.
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Oh Mighty Wing

Name / Location?
                      Brew Your Own Beer/ Havertown, PA
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Brew Your Own Beer/ Havertown, PA
                        I looked it up; it appears excellent. The owner's name is John Reynolds. If he is there, work with him. Explore what you need and want with him. If you think you will end up brewing more than a couple of batches, it is best to invest in a carboy, bottles, a 4-5 gallon pot, etc. I ONLY use whole grain, which is not too difficult to do. But work with your local guy.

Oh Mighty Wing

thanks!!! Big grin