Drinkers with a Running Problem

Worst Beers on Earth. (Read 244 times)

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

What is the hands down worst beer you've ever had?

For myself Celtia beer during my sojourn in Tunisia

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!

Gravelrunner

Running blows

My dad used to drink Schlitz back in the 60s/70s.

I tried it one time and spit it out.

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?

gusgordon

Falstaff.  Blech.

Ultra Cowboy

It made me swear off beer for as whole summer in college after one swig.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Ultra Cowboy

After emptying enough cases to cloth these poor college students, I had a slight buzz and was Hyper hydrated

WYBMADIITY

Save

Prince of Fatness

Yeah there could be an argument for any of those "beers" mentioned above.  Add Schmidts, Schaefer, Piels, etc.  And Coors Light.  Blah.

Now if you want to add something that is considerer craft beer, I offer this.  Horrible.  I could not finish it.  Drain pour.

Not at it at all. 

Strict WTF adherent

Not sure if it stull exists, but Schmidt Ice probably is an all-time worst.

Every now and then, some joker in my family brings some Iron City around. And I drink it. And wish I was dead.

kaleidoscopeEyes

Not a fan:

Not a fan of this either:

Ostrich runner

Not sure if it stull exists, but Schmidt Ice probably is an all-time worst.

Every now and then, some joker in my family brings some Iron City around. And I drink it. And wish I was dead.

I have a sort of sweet spot for Iron City. Some of it might be the packaging. Anyway, it doesn't really matter how it tastes. That's a beer you drink to get back at humanity for making you and to numb your face before you headbutt something - you don't drink it because it's good. Of the more craft beer theme, there are a few by Schlafly that aren't better than the aforementioned Western PA river water.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Prince of Fatness

Western PA river water.

Speaking of which, Rolling Rock.  Now that's a beer that I had a sweet spot for.  Then the big bad AB-Inbev bought them out and it is now brewed in Newark, NJ.  It ain't what it used to be.

Somehow when I try to bring up images of mountain spring water the Hackensack River does not come to mind.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Speaking of which, Rolling Rock.  Now that's a beer that I had a sweet spot for.  Then the big bad AB-Inbev bought them out and it is now brewed in Newark, NJ.  It ain't what it used to be.

Somehow when I try to bring up images of mountain spring water the Hackensack River does not come to mind.

Every time I hear Rolling Rock I think of the letsrun thread extolling its virtues (this was fairly recently, so probably the new stuff) while someone bashed Troeg's and Weyerbacher.

The worst beer I ever had was that Lips of Faith series sour I poured down the drain.  But I'm not a sour person so maybe the beer wasn't that bad.

The American light beers all seem to occupy the dirty river water category for me....Old Milwaukee or Milwaukee's Best (from college years) would probably be some of the worst for me.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Every time I hear Rolling Rock I think of the letsrun thread extolling its virtues (this was fairly recently, so probably the new stuff) while someone bashed Troeg's and Weyerbacher.

Dude, I lived on RR in my younger days.  It really was good.  AB Inbev tainted it.  It's just not the same any more.  If those guys are pining over the stuff brewed in Newark well more power to them.  Must be youngsters.

AB Inbev has tainted a lot of formerly good beers.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Dude, I lived on RR in my younger days.  It really was good.  AB Inbev tainted it.  It's just not the same any more.  If those guys are pining over the stuff brewed in Newark well more power to them.  Must be youngsters.

AB Inbev has tainted a lot of formerly good beers.

I don't think I have had a RR since the switch.  It was OK, in college it was considered a mid-level beer.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

kaleidoscopeEyes

Rolling Rock is very hydrating.  But not quite as hydrating as Natty Lite.

Prince of Fatness

I don't think I have had a RR since the switch.  It was OK, in college it was considered a mid-level beer.

Oh don't get me wrong.  It wasn't premium.  But I used to get it for $2.25 a sixer and back in that day at that price point it was the best thing going.

Not at it at all.