Drinkers with a Running Problem

Brewery tour at race packet pickup (Read 264 times)

Former runner

I might have to leave work early today to get my packet. Running the 5k at the Warbird Brewing road race tomorrow. Forecast calls for thunderstorms in the morning which could suck. Anyone else run events sponsored by breweries or something similar?

Ross

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep, the Old Boys' Brewhouse Oktoberfest HM is maybe my favorite race ever. Good god...that is one shitty website, though. I am a complete amateur and even my lamest site design is worlds better than that...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

...---...

I hope you folks know how lucky you are to have races like this within relatively close distance. This makes me very jealous and both of you my heros for the day.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Former runner

I was 1 of 2 for the first tour. I think most of the people were just in and out after getting their packets. I got to sample some barley in the grain room and then again from the spent grains pile. Yeah we literally grabbed a handful from a fresh pile getting ready to be delivered to the farm. I think he said their 4 of the conical fermenters hold batches of 650 gal. and 1 holds 1300. Also had a pre-race beer fresh out of the walk-in cooler. Big grin

Ross

All business

Bridge to Brews in Portland, OR starts and finishes at the Widmer Brothers Brewery. You get two beers with your registration fee.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

DoppleBock

Point Bock 5miler - 1st Saturday in March - 1st real road race of the season in WI - Great competition. 

Then ... 3 hours of free beer - not 3 free beers, 3 hours of free beer

Point Bock

Point Burly Brown

Point Blonde

This is one of those DD races.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

Damn you people - i should not have stopped by this forum - I am attempting a dry May - June 7th to maximize racing ability and I am weak!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Damn you people - i should not have stopped by this forum - I am attempting a dry May - June 7th to maximize racing ability and I am weak!

Don't worry DoppleBock, you'll be fine.  Hydration is critical for performance.  And what is the primary component of beer?  Water.  There you go.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.