Drinkers with a Running Problem

Welcome to the Club! (Read 422 times)

Ohhh, a family thing. Got it.

Michelle

Oh, wow...how awesome would THAT be?! Big grin k
      I'm at work so I don't have my favorites saved here, but there is another house that I have had my sites set on for a few years. Right on the beach, no direct neighbors, sleeps around 32 people as well, 3 full kitchens, pool on the deck. Awesome game room. I want my aunt and uncle to rent it for an entire family thing.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Twice now I have traveled to meet online friends and both times it was an absolute riot (the last time I did this was last Aug...the photo of me with my butt hanging out of a window is from that trip to LA). I would find a way to an RA gathering in a heartbeat! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Twice now I have traveled to meet online friends and both times it was an absolute riot (the last time I did this was last Aug...the photo of me with my butt hanging out of a window is from that trip to LA). I would find a way to an RA gathering in a heartbeat! Big grin k
          That's really neat. You must have had a blast! I can imagine how much fun it would be to meet up with everyone from here. I've only been here a little while and I'm already hooked and would like to see the people behind the threads. My husband would probably NEVER go for it. He would voice his opinion and say that he would prefer me not to go, and there is no way he'd go. So it would be up to me and then I'd feel bad about going without him and so I'd end up not going. *grumble grumble* (learned that from Did!) Big grin

Michelle

I love this pic of my husband laughing in the hot tub...It's not too often that he allows himself to have a good time. This is from our first year at the Poconos. In the background is my goofy lifelong friend Ethan. That boy has issues, but we love him anyway. Tongue

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hot tubs + beer = crazyness! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

That hot tub pic is priceless.... ...I am surprised that Trent and Jake have not found this group yet... ...I work at ECU and we do a retreat at the OBX every August....mm mm good!!! ...I would love to meet you all in person...so, let's make this happen... ...as I am the odd single person...if you have a cool running female friend...I am always open to meeting new peeps!!!
                If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

...as I am the odd single person...if you have a cool running female friend...I am always open to meeting new peeps!!!
                  RA needs a matchmakers group! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Yes, Kirsten, yes!!! Bring it on!!!
                    If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I really wish I knew some nice, single gals. RA has such great guys. Runner, in general, seem like such great people. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Not to toot my own horn...or our collective horns...but, I do think we are a nice bunch! I think runners understand life in a unique way...we know what it takes to make a commitment, we understand that some run at a five minute mile and some run at a 12 minute mile and we are okay with that. We are always open to new ideas about training and life. We know what it is like to use a porta potty in the freezing cold at 5am without complaining. We know that with running (as with life) there comes pain and joy and an occasional tearing of tissue...and we accept it. We welcome others into our fraternity with open arms and forgive quickly when they make mistakes. I could go on....but, we are pretty special....
                          Not to toot my own horn...or our collective horns...but, I do think we are a nice bunch! I think runners understand life in a unique way...we know what it takes to make a commitment, we understand that some run at a five minute mile and some run at a 12 minute mile and we are okay with that. We are always open to new ideas about training and life. We know what it is like to use a porta potty in the freezing cold at 5am without complaining. We know that with running (as with life) there comes pain and joy and an occasional tearing of tissue...and we accept it. We welcome others into our fraternity with open arms and forgive quickly when they make mistakes. I could go on....but, we are pretty special....
                          Hear hear - can't think of a runner I don't like! And.. if anyone's in the greater Detroit area, I'll be up there a bit this spring and summer and would be up for a fun run... (I do have the 3rd place age medal from the Julie's Run several years ago) Big grin but that was before foot injuries.. I'm hoping to get some miles in again in April... please please
                          Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4
                          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I was thinking something near Lake MI
                            The Big Water, drinking, and me do not mix. Lost a pair of glasses in the lake near Grand Haven, and I had to force contact lenses into my incredibly red and hungover eyes the next morning. (It was either that or not see -- I'm extremely nearsighted).

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The Big Water, drinking, and me do not mix. Lost a pair of glasses in the lake near Grand Haven, and I had to force contact lenses into my incredibly red and hungover eyes the next morning. (It was either that or not see -- I'm extremely nearsighted).
                              Yes...you wouldn't want to be in GH without good eyesight--you might miss the Musical Fountain! Tongue Jeff, are you sure you aren't my brother? You remind me a LOT of that dork...beer-lovin', nearsided, loser of important things, diverse tastes in music... Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Jeff, are you sure you aren't my brother? You remind me a LOT of that dork...beer-lovin', nearsided, loser of important things, diverse tastes in music...
                                Wasn't you brother in a Big Ten marching band, too? How you been, sis? Tongue Wait a minute -- that would make me a dork, too. So no, nothing like that guy.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.