Drinkers with a Running Problem

Need help with finding beer in Boston (Read 26 times)

Feeling the growl again

He was staying at some fancy place downtown and said at least the bar there had some decent craft beer.  They even sold bombers.  He got a bomber of some barrel aged brown ale from Harpoon for $14.  Not bad.

Damn, PM me the hotel for next I am there.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

I pretty much stay out of the city at all costs and live way in the burbs. There is a great store in Stoneham which is maybe 15 minutes outside the city called Redstone Liquors .They have one of the better beer selections albeit small. The biggest and best store is Julios in Westboro, but he would need to head a good 30-40 minutes out of the city.

Jack's Abby is probably one of the best local breweries. They make all lagers but they drink more like ales. Mystic and Idle Hands if he likes Belgian style saisons and farmhouse ales. Night Shift for sours and funk, but most of their better beers don't hit retail. Trillium is right in the city on Congress street. I've heard great things but have never been. If he wants to venture out at night he can hit Mystic, Night Shift and Idle Hands. They are within a 5 minute drive of each other and maybe 10 minutes outside the city. Night Shift and Idle Hands are in a shady warehouse in Everett and right next door to each other. Mystic is in chelsea maybe 5 minutes away.

Check out this link from BA, somebody put it together last year:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/visiting-boston-summer-13-edition.99268/

Got to thank you again for this advice.  My daughter and son in law went up to Salem for the weekend and I told them to get me some Jack's Abby if they could.  My daughter texted me that they got me $30 - $40 worth of Jack's Abby beer.  Don't know what it is yet be she is coming over Sunday.  It will be like Christmas!

Not at it at all. 

Got to thank you again for this advice.  My daughter and son in law went up to Salem for the weekend and I told them to get me some Jack's Abby if they could.  My daughter texted me that they got me $30 - $40 worth of Jack's Abby beer.  Don't know what it is yet be she is coming over Sunday.  It will be like Christmas!

happy to help. hopefully they got you a nice selection. some of there beers are fantastic and other are meh (but I'm picky)

Prince of Fatness

What I got....

Mass Rising IPL (had last night .... very good)

Smoke and Dagger

Hoponius Union

Barrel-Aged Framinghammer

Vanilla Barrel-Aged Framinghammer

There was also an Octoberfest, Copper Legend I think.

Seems like a good selection.

Not at it at all. 

What I got....

Mass Rising IPL (had last night .... very good)

Smoke and Dagger

Hoponius Union

Barrel-Aged Framinghammer

Vanilla Barrel-Aged Framinghammer

There was also an Octoberfest, Copper Legend I think.

Seems like a good selection.

great selection