Drinkers with a Running Problem

Drink Beer. Brewed by Monks. Trademarked Trappist (Read 419 times)

Former runner

I've been reading Brew Like a Monk by Stan Hieronymus so I decided to do some homework. I picked up a Rochefort 6 and Westmalle triple last week. Tonight I bought a Chimay Red, Chimay Blue and an Orval. Now I just need to find some Achel and Westvleteren. Although it looks like the Westvleteren may be a challenge to get without a trip to Belgium.

Drank the Rochfort 6 last Saturday and the two Chimay tonight. May save the others for later. So far all good stuff. Definitely on the strong side but you don't notice the alcohol while drinking them. Love the fruity aromas and flavors.

Ross

Top 'O the World!

LUUUV the Chimay's - but you drank 2!?!  DUDE!
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Queen of 3rd Place

Mmmm. Belgium, beer heaven. *sigh* You definitely need to make the trip to Belgium. I mean, for the sake of your research.

Ex runner

Former runner

LUUUV the Chimay's - but you drank 2!?!  DUDE!

I should mention that they were the small bottles. 11.2 oz. The 7% didn't affect me much but the 9% sure left an impression. Is there a term for posting while drunk?

Ross

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I should mention that they were the small bottles. 11.2 oz. The 7% didn't affect me much but the 9% sure left an impression. Is there a term for posting while drunk?

PUI - posting under the influence Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Former runner

Ross

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

All business

I went to Brussels in 2007 for my birthday.  Loved it!  I took this photo to remember what was one of my favorite beers on the trip, "Trappist Achel".  I believe it can be found in the states if you look hard (I think I got some at Sam's (in the Midwest)). 

I didn't care for the Orval, but Rochfort is really great.  If you're into the Framboise, my wife loved the Mort Subite, and I'd recommend it as well.

Love those Trappists

This was at a pub called "Poechenellekelder" that had some puppet theme going.  Nice folks there.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy