Drinkers with a Running Problem

Kriek (Read 502 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

You guys keep talking about NG cherry stout, but it's unobtanium around here. But got me thinking about cherries, then the mind naturally went to lambics..mmmm....Just the thing on a hot day.

Ex runner

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That stuff is SO yummy!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well, yes, Lindeman's is an excellent kreik, and considered one of the best, and is certainly among the oldest.  But strangely, many think that NG beats the Belgians at their own game...
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well, yes, Lindeman's is an excellent kreik, and considered one of the best, and is certainly among the oldest.  But strangely, many think that NG beats the Belgians at their own game...

Yeah, I prefer NG...but Lindemans is actually available everywhere.  There are at least 3 places in my community of 2k that carry it.

~ Sarah Kay

Former runner

My first Kriek was a Lindemans. They're good but not my favorite. They seem sweeter than some of the other Belgian Krieks. I've had some Boon and Drie Fonteinen recently and they have a lot more Lambic sour to them. My current favorite is Cantillon Kriek. Wow is that stuff sour!

Ross

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My current favorite is Cantillon Kriek. Wow is that stuff sour!

I will have to look for that...I love that taste of tart cherries.

~ Sarah Kay

Former runner

I will have to look for that...I love that taste of tart cherries.

The Cantillons are harder to find and cost a bit more $$ but well worth it as far as I'm concerned. I'm saving a bottle of the Kriek and a Rose de Gambrinus (Raspberry).

Ross

Queen of 3rd Place

Man, where do you guys find all this stuff? The best selection we have here is at Bevmo - maybe I need to get my butt over to the Bay Area for some hunting. I guess the chances of finding NG are nil anywhere in the Western US. *sigh*

Ex runner

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Man, where do you guys find all this stuff? The best selection we have here is at Bevmo - maybe I need to get my butt over to the Bay Area for some hunting. I guess the chances of finding NG are nil anywhere in the Western US. *sigh*

You won't find NG outside of WI.  They "exported" for a while to IL, but couldn't keep up with demand.

~ Sarah Kay

Queen of 3rd Place

So it appears that a trip to WI is in order.

Ex runner

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So it appears that a trip to WI is in order.

It's so frustrating to me that MI touches WI, but it's a LONG trip through the Upper Peninsula to get there.  Or I have to go through part of IN and IL to get there.  Either way we're talking at least 5 hours. Sad

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I drove 12 hours.

But you're kinda nuts.  I'm less nuts.  I should find someone who works for one of the ferries who will bring me contraband....

~ Sarah Kay

Former runner

Man, where do you guys find all this stuff? *

I stock up when in Chicago or Indy. Locally you just have to get lucky some times. I bought my Cantillon Kriek at a local coffee shop.

I'm a good 5-6 hours from WI. There is no quick way through Chicago.

Ross

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You are getting NG in Indy???