Drinkers with a Running Problem

Root beer, strawberry soda and...??? (Read 299 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

My mother in law had a party and afterwards we inherited a bunch of diet root beer as well as some strawberry soda. The rootbeer is OK, but the soda, frankly, is pretty nasty. Anyway, I usually don't drink sodas unless they're made with barley. Tongue But, when life gives you lemons...make...well, ...what? Any cocktail ideas for these ingredients? Perhaps I'll just experiment on my own. Strawroot daiquiri, anyone? Maybe not. Arla

Ex runner

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Hmm....I'd throw some vanilla vodka in the strawberry soda and make a 'strawberry cream-sicle' to have. You could throw in lota of ice to de-sweeten it. Or club soda, perhaps. Jilly
      "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
        My mother in law had a party and afterwards we inherited a bunch of diet root beer as well as some strawberry soda. The rootbeer is OK, but the soda, frankly, is pretty nasty. Anyway, I usually don't drink sodas unless they're made with barley. Tongue But, when life gives you lemons...make...well, ...what? Any cocktail ideas for these ingredients? Perhaps I'll just experiment on my own. Strawroot daiquiri, anyone? Maybe not. Arla
        Being a barleypop fan myself, I think the strawberry Tight lipped soda would be a sacrifice to the sewer gods. The root beer - find some thirsty kids.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmm....I'd throw some vanilla vodka in the strawberry soda and make a 'strawberry cream-sicle' to have. You could throw in lota of ice to de-sweeten it. Or club soda, perhaps. Jilly
          That's my thought, as well.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

But, when life gives you lemons...make...well, ...what? Any cocktail ideas for these ingredients? Perhaps I'll just experiment on my own. Strawroot daiquiri, anyone? Maybe not. Arla
            I'd toss some melon liqueur and lemon bitters in with the strawberry soda..... then i would serve it to my guests while I enjoy a Guinness.

Queen of 3rd Place

Melon...wha? Hilarious! Big grin Reminds me of the time when I bought anisette instead of triple sec for margaritas (the bottle looked the same....). Talk about nasty! Arla

Ex runner

Melon...wha? Hilarious! Big grin
                Bols Melon Liqueur I worked a shooter bar during my university years..... the ladies loved shots made with this stuff.... mind you none of those ladies we serious drinkers like we have here.
                  Captain Morgan goes nice with the rootbeer.
                  Lookin' back at my background, tryin' to figure out how I ever got here...
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bols Melon Liqueur I worked a shooter bar during my university years..... the ladies loved shots made with this stuff.... mind you none of those ladies we serious drinkers like we have here.
                    Is that like Midori? Ick...when I first turned 21 all I drank at bars were Midori melon-balls (Midori, Vodka, OJ). Now the thought of them makes me wanna hurl.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Queen of 3rd Place

All those silly green and pink etc drinks gag me. Nothing says "hangover in a glass" like a sickly sweet drink. And nothing says "I have no 'nads" like a grown adult sitting with a big, pink drink. Arla

Ex runner

C-R

All those silly green and pink etc drinks gag me. Nothing says "hangover in a glass" like a sickly sweet drink. And nothing says "I have no 'nads" like a grown adult sitting with a big, pink drink. Arla
                        Way to HTFU - I sometimes put one of those umbrellas in my Guiness so the rest of the table doesn't stare too much. Pour that Strawberry stuff down the drain unless you can cut it with some Everclear.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

And nothing says "I have no 'nads" like a grown adult sitting with a big, pink drink. Arla
                          I love that you just said nads..... nads is funny

Queen of 3rd Place

Saying "balls" would be un-PC. Now that just wouldn't do, would it? Wink Strawberry soda and Everclear - maybe that would be the trick. I'm thinking flask for the ball game to ease the pain associated with $7 Bud Lights. Arla

Ex runner