Drinkers with a Running Problem

How many times per week ? (Read 343 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have never *knock on wood* had a speeding ticket. I got a warning once when I was 17, but that was it. BUT now that I've said that...I'll get one in the near future. Great, I just jinxed myself. Big grin
    Ditto. I had a verbal warning probably 10 years ago, but that was it...not for lack of trying.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Guilty to 5 mph over limit. No points. A victory in my book.
      *whew* Good to hear!

Michelle

Well, the I fought the law song and celebration will have to wait a day. Well, maybe one or two beers. I have a 20 mile race tomorrow. It's icy here in Pittsburgh. Hope they salt the course. Oh spring, where art thou?
          Well, the I fought the law song and celebration will have to wait a day. Well, maybe one or two beers. I have a 20 mile race tomorrow. It's icy here in Pittsburgh. Hope they salt the course. Oh spring, where art thou?
          Good luck tomorrow! I'll drink your beers for you tonight (already had two). They taste mighty good too! Big grin

Michelle

Well, I did have two last night and a glass of wine. Did pretty well on the run today: I specifically wanted to take it easy because: A) have a cold B) 20 miles is my most in months (do have a few 17-18 milers under the belt.) So I did 20 in about 2:30. I got a cool tech shirt for entering, gloves at 15 and a hat at 20. (You could choose to run 10, 15 or 20.) Even though I felt the cold (up much of night hacking, bags under eyes) I felt great running. So, now, it's drinky time. After reading the forum, I am taking my New Castle in the shower.
              Well, I did have two last night and a glass of wine. Did pretty well on the run today: I specifically wanted to take it easy because: A) have a cold B) 20 miles is my most in months (do have a few 17-18 milers under the belt.) So I did 20 in about 2:30. I got a cool tech shirt for entering, gloves at 15 and a hat at 20. (You could choose to run 10, 15 or 20.) Even though I felt the cold (up much of night hacking, bags under eyes) I felt great running. So, now, it's drinky time. After reading the forum, I am taking my New Castle in the shower.
              Nice race, despite having to pee (and being sick and tired...etc)! Big grin See, maybe you did drink too much the night before. I would love to be able to run 20 miles at an 7:30 average mm pace. You did great! Hope you enjoyed your NC in the shower. Smile

Michelle

Thank for the kind words. Wasn't the beers. I just tend to drink too much liquid before my runs. I have to realize: races provide liquid and not overload, as I tend to do on training runs. Am feeling largely better though.