Drinkers with a Running Problem

The airport (Read 461 times)

Bad experience at the airport. Had the idea to drink 1 beer, and one shot of tequilia ( since it's less liquidy) Well, got to talking to a few people, one who was on my flight, and ended up drinking 2 additional beers. Woops. Needless to say, the last 40 minutes of my 1:10:00 flight to Detroit was sheer misery. I was dying. I know better. NEVER drink beer before flying. Duh!

- Anya

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

What was the issue -- not feeling well or needing to go to the bathroom? Hammered is my favorite way to fly.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The voice of mile 18

are you the pilot? definitely helps me w/ flying except i tend to skip the tequila Tight lipped

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

What was the issue -- not feeling well or needing to go to the bathroom? Hammered is my favorite way to fly.
          The bathroom. I swear, I have not had to go that bed in a long time. As soon as it touched down, I hoped out and climbed over people to get to the head. Left my purse at my seat, did not care about anything but the bathroom.

- Anya

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

The bathroom. I swear, I have not had to go that bed in a long time. As soon as it touched down, I hoped out and climbed over people to get to the head. Left my purse at my seat, did not care about anything but the bathroom.
            Stick to hard liquor for flying. Beers causes too much pain.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Stick to hard liquor for flying. Beers causes too much pain.
              Oh yes, Tequilia is my usual. Only time I drink it. And I also love flying hammered Big grin Makes everything so much prettier !

- Anya

I've always said being a pilot would be a great job if you could drink beer while you're doing it... Wink TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

an amazing likeness

Note to self, and others who !beer up! before flights....avoid Ryanair flights. http://blog.wired.com/cars/2009/02/insert-catchy-r.html Probably a good idea to avoid Ryanair any way, but it is hard to pass up the $40 flight from Ireland to London they have at times, and other crazy fairs -- just remember to carry nothing, touch nothing and cut back on liquids ahead of time.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Queen of 3rd Place

Wait, I'm confused, no potty on the plane? You need a "Stadium Gal"!! http://www.biorelief.com/stadium-gal.html

Ex runner

an amazing likeness

I'm not sure what my reaction would be if someone in the seat next to me on a flight whipped out a 'Stadium Gal'. But, I'd be impressed with her spunk. I like spunk.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'm not sure what my reaction would be if someone in the seat next to me on a flight whipped out a 'Stadium Gal'. But, I'd be impressed with her spunk. I like spunk.
                        I think the whole point of that (along with the male Stadium Pal), is that you don't have to whip anything out. MTA: I'm reminded of this old thread. http://www.runningahead.com/groups/DWARP/Forum/cf5ccd4b7c014c11a106b8ac247e7d46 I've always been intrigued with the idea of pairing up a beer belly flask with the Stadium Pal.

Wait, I'm confused, no potty on the plane? You need a "Stadium Gal"!! http://www.biorelief.com/stadium-gal.html
                          Not sure if it's just a dc thing, but you can't get up the last half hour of the flight at all.. Is it like that everywhere now?

- Anya

Queen of 3rd Place

I haven't run into that, usually it's more like the last 5 min. Confused

Ex runner

an amazing likeness

Not sure if it's just a dc thing, but you can't get up the last half hour of the flight at all.. Is it like that everywhere now?
                              That's a National Airport (DCA) specific thing.

Former runner

I had a flight last year where the pilot had to stop the plane on the taxiway because someone went into the bathroom on the way to the gate. They said that they were not allowed to cross the runways with someone in the bathroom. I think we sat there a good 5-10 minutes before moving again.

Ross