Drinkers with a Running Problem

First to fall (Read 11 times)

Feeling the growl again

I've seen a lot of breweries opening and some being bought, but there have been few (and until now, none locally) examples of craft breweries going under:

http://www.indianaontap.com/news/cutters-brewing-of-avon-announces-immediate-closing-of-all-brewery-operations

Too bad, they had some decent stuff.  Waste and discharge seems to be a growing issue for many breweries.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

That's too bad. They had some decent beers.

On the bright side, there might be some great deals on brewing equipment for Spaniel Farms Brewery.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

That's too bad. They had some decent beers.

+1.  I enjoyed their beers that were sent to me by you guys.

Curious as to the details of the pissing contest that went on between them and the sewer authority.  They sound pretty bitter about it.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

The sewer plants around here are built with gold and platinum. My water+sewage bill can sometimes be higher than my gas or electricity bill. It's ridiculous.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

The sewer plants around here are built with gold and platinum. My water+sewage bill can sometimes be higher than my gas or electricity bill. It's ridiculous.

It appears it may not be the evil utility in this case:

http://wishtv.com/2015/03/11/cutters-brewing-company-closes-owes-77k-in-sewage-fees/

This makes it sound like they just hooked themselves up to the discharge line of a neighboring business.  If Cutters really did illegally connect to the sewer, they are not a victim here.  I'm not sure how anyone starts a small business with all of the fees, regulation, and expenses (this is what would stop me from ever pursuing a winery) but the route they apparently took wouldn't appear a well-advised alternative.

Additional articles paint the picture that they were never really successful and profitable (founders were not drawing a salary and declared personal bankruptcy in November).

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills