Drinkers with a Running Problem

What WON'T you drink? (Read 396 times)

Bear with me, people, I'm in class and I am bored (3L-itis is kicking in hardcore Big grin) Is there a drink you won't drink? I know this makes me upopular, but I hate Guinness... it tastes like coffee to me, which I detest. I also need to mix stuff like vodka, whiskey, etc. ... I cannot drink it without a mixer (my dad says: if you're going to drink soda, drink soda. If you are going to drink alcohol, drink alcohol, but I need something else). Oh, and I cannot drink absolute peach, after a bad experience on an island in Greece ...
    2009: BQ?

The voice of mile 18

tequila and I had a falling out a while back and couldn't even stand the smell for years but happy to say we have reconciled. ouzo - the greek licorice liquor is just nasty. now that I'm older I am trying to develop a taste for scotch but still don't get it.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

I won't drink Guiness either, it scares me with it's oil-like look. It's fun to play with, seeing just how many pieces of straw wrappers you can wad up and place on top before they sink (oh! the things people do while sitting at a bar and when a friend leaves a beer unattended Evil grin ) Anything peach makes my mouth water, in a bad way. Not a fan of peach. I won't touch Southern Comfort (have an untouched bottle in the cabinet, been there for YEARS)....I just gagged thinking of it...YUCK YUCK YUCK.

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I don't know that there's anything I absolutely won't drink, but I there are some I try to avoid: 1) Jagermesiter. Jager + Goldschlager = me face down in a bowl with hurl in my hair. And I still haven't been able to round up all of the known pictures of the incident. Dead 2) Goldschlager. See Jagermesiter 3) Peach schnapps. Never sick from it, but just too damn sweet. 4) Cinnamon-flavored chewing gum. Tastes too much like Goldschlager, promotes instant feelings of panic.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

tequila and I had a falling out a while back and couldn't even stand the smell for years but happy to say we have reconciled.
            It seems like te-kill-ya is the most oft-cited drink when people are asked this question. I have to admit, sometimes it seems like you'd be better of driving down to Shell and filling your bottle with 92-octane, but to me the sight and smell of tequila usually means the serious partying has begun. Maybe the reason you and so many others have that falling out is b/c it is a serious party drink, (nobody sips tequila unless it's the super expensive stuff) and you're more likely to be hammered when drinking it. Glad to hear you two made up, Joe. Cheers, Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It seems like te-kill-ya is the most oft-cited drink when people are asked this question. I have to admit, sometimes it seems like you'd be better of driving down to Shell and filling your bottle with 92-octane, but to me the sight and smell of tequila usually means the serious partying has begun. Maybe the reason you and so many others have that falling out is b/c it is a serious party drink, (nobody sips tequila unless it's the super expensive stuff) and you're more likely to be hammered when drinking it.
              Backroadrunner would agree with this. I love the stuff, though, since I've never gotten sick from it. I can't do the following: • Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss (want some beer with your Kool-Aid?) • Root beer schnapps • Bailey's (too creamy/syrupy) • Malibu (though I like the Parrot Bay coconut rum)

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

• Root beer schnapps
                Root Beer. Schnapps. Pick one! Don't mix 'em! Not a big fan of most schnapps except peppermint. Holiday cheer! Years later, I figured out why my dad used to like x-country skiing so much -- peppermint schnapps in the bota-bag!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, yeah...peppermint schnapps in hot cocoa is like heaven! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Sluggard

I'll divide my response into Stuff I won't drink on principle (SIWDOP) and Stuff I won't drink because it makes me sick to think about that one night (SIWDBIMMS2TAT1N). SIWDOP * Wine coolers, Zima, and other flavored "malt beverages." Call me a misogynistic bastard but the Principle in question involves my possession of a Y chromosome. * Almost all liqueurs. The principle being I don't like drinking cough syrup. * Gin. Principle: eww. SIWDBIMMS2TAT1N * Tequila. I played penny-bounce [too poor for quarters] in this dude's basement with some Jose Cuervo, and the house rule for that game was you had to swallow the penny along with the shot. Yes, we were idiots. Ah, to be 16 again. Anyway, once the penny bounced into the cat litter box. This one dude, on a dare, bounced the penny into the shot on the next bounce and quaffed the cat-sh!tty-penny, shot, and all. The game was over after that. * Vodka. Who doesn't have a vodka story? Martinis are my kryptonite. I refuse to give examples until certain statues of limitations run out. * Pernod. I went through this pretentious phase in college [who didn't] when I thought I would be cool like Hemmingway and drink Pernod and water. What they don't warn you about on the label is that it tastes like something that came out of a warthog's bottom. * Rum. Have you ever drank something and gotten so sick that the very mention of the substance makes you gag? The whole Rum class of beverages is that way for me.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'll divide my response into Stuff I won't drink on principle (SIWDOP) and Stuff I won't drink because it makes me sick to think about that one night (SIWDBIMMS2TAT1N). SIWDOP * Wine coolers, Zima, and other flavored "malt beverages." Call me a misogynistic bastard but the Principle in question involves my possession of a Y chromosome.
                      Heh, never stopped my hubby. He's ALL about the frou-frou girly drinks. He used to be a beer and single-malt scotch man, but I think Fatherhood wussified him. We've pretty much both done 180s. I used to like those girly concoctions, but now I'm more of a dry wine and beer drinker. If I do drink sweeter drinks they are generally in the form of margaritas (on the rocks) or Mike's Hard Lemonade. I'm still not a fan of drinks that are too sweet, heavy, or fruity most of the time. Though I DO loves me a white Russian! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hammerbeck, Rum, Tequila, Gin, Vodka? You're eliminating a lot of good stuff there, dude! Tongue

The voice of mile 18

good point. I tried a mojilito (cuban rum drink w/ mint and sugar cane - don't ask me why) recently and it tasted pretty damn good but no way in hell I'd ever be caught drinking that in front of other people- not quite butch enough to drink in public

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hammerbeck, Rum, Tequila, Gin, Vodka? You're eliminating a lot of good stuff there, dude! Tongue
                            More booze for the rest of us! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

* Wine coolers, Zima, and other flavored "malt beverages."
                              I can't do wine coolers, and I talk down the other stuff, but I have to admit that they are a guilty pleasure for me. I won't buy Zima, but given some, I will probbably 2 or 3 bottles fast. In that category, I do like Hooper's Hooch. I've only had the lemonade (very Mike's-like) and the orange, but will admit to being a fan. You'd be amazed how quick you can put down a six-pack of that stuff and not think you've been drinking until you try to stand up.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

good point. I tried a mojilito (cuban rum drink w/ mint and sugar cane - don't ask me why) recently and it tasted pretty damn good but no way in hell I'd ever be caught drinking that in front of other people- not quite butch enough to drink in public
                                Ha...my hubby's favorite drink. Sometimes I swear we swapped chromosomes! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay