Drinkers with a Running Problem

New Belgium (Read 460 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dig

Meh.

Adequate. Groundhog saw his shadow today, perhaps I should have had SnowDay instead.

Prince of Fatness

Meh.

Adequate. Groundhog saw his shadow today, perhaps I should have had SnowDay instead.

That's a bummer.  I'll have to try it for myself.  Too bad, 'cause I really liked Mighty Arrow, which it replaced.

Not at it at all. 

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

It's Friday!!! Scored a 64oz growler for $15 of VooDoo Gran Met from my local beer emporium and tap room.

Belgian Style Trippel 9.5% mmmm

First time I scored a growler of anything. How quickly should it be consumed?

Our Gran Met (Grand Master) is an Ale made from our Propriatery yeast from a small brewery in Belgium. We use Cane and Beet sugar, along with German Pilsner Malt to create the unique flavor of this age old style. We also use a unique fermentation process of slowly adding the sugars to the fermentation during fermentation. This allows the yeast to more slowly ferment the beer without overloading the yeast. This process allows for a more clean, tight flavor profile.9.5% alc by vol.

Bottle Conditioned and Refermented.

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Consume as fast as you can. BUT, that baby is 9.5 %, so maybe take some time. Or get a friend to help. Maybe that blond chick that lives with you.

Prince of Fatness

Consume as fast as you can.

Once filled, as long as it is sealed tight and preferably there is little head space, I have gone a couple of weeks and it is good.  Once you open it the first time you need to drink it within say, 24 hours.

Not at it at all. 

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

Looks like I'll be recruiting friends. What a great reason. I'd hate to waste such a precious esculent. 

Blondie is unlikely to consume massive quantities despite her boasting.

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

Queen of 3rd Place

Once filled, as long as it is sealed tight and preferably there is little head space, I have gone a couple of weeks and it is good.  Once you open it the first time you need to drink it within say, 24 hours.

Longest I've been able to stretch out an open growler is 48 hrs, but I use a rubber stopper instead of the lid.

Ex runner

Lazy idiot

I was able to stretch the "growler" (okay, milk jug) of Yazoo Hop Project about 4 days.  There wasn't much carbonation left at the end, but who was I to complain.  Cletus and I should have been drinking faster.

Tick tock

Prince of Fatness

When I said 24 hours after opening that was a guess.  You folks really nurse a growler for 48+ hours?  It's less than a six pack.

Not at it at all. 

Lazy idiot

When I said 24 hours after opening that was a guess.  You folks really nurse a growler for 48+ hours?  It's less than a six pack.

Trent foisted it upon me after we'd already purchased about 50 other beers for the week.  I'm not a heavy drinker, so it took me a while.  Still good to the end, though.

Tick tock

Prince of Fatness

Trent foisted it upon me after we'd already purchased about 50 other beers for the week.  I'm not a heavy drinker, so it took me a while.  Still good to the end, though.

If I ever need help all I need to do is send a flare up in the neighborhood and they come runnin'.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Speechless.

Wow.

They say it will be available in 2-3 weeks...

Top 'O the World!

Speechless.

Wow.

They say it will be available in 2-3 weeks...

I LOVE living in Co! Wink 

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Prince of Fatness

I had to look up what lychee was.  The beer sounds interesting.

Not at it at all.