Drinkers with a Running Problem

ok whino's I'm looking for a nice red wine (Read 347 times)

The voice of mile 18

disappointed with the wine I got at home. and I'm new to wine so I'm looking for your recommendations. one catch keep the price under $15 US thanks

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

I don't drink wine, but this is what I buy for my mother. She thinks it's cute how it has my name on it. She hasn't complained about the taste.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have had good luck with ALL Aussie wines I have tried, red and white. Black Swan wines are good, as are Lindemans. Shiraz is a good red.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Black Swan wines are good, as are Lindemans.
          Big thumbs up from me for Lindeman's. They have it cheap at Costco, so a bottle or two of this always seems to find its way into my cart.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Other Aussie wines I like are Jacob's Creek...and one with a funny brand name that I can't think of off the top of my head, but I know it's a cheap and popular one. k

~ Sarah Kay

Here you go, it's red, it's wine, it's cheap. Big grin

Michelle

The voice of mile 18

red X wine? never heard of it.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Here you go, it's red, it's wine, it's cheap. Big grin
                  Ah, the Ghetto Wine site. Nice call, Mississippi. Bumwines.com is also an excellent resource on these fine products. Hilarious descriptions of the taste and effects of each of great beverages. Beware any wine that says, "Serve Very Cold" on the label. Dead BTW, love this quote about Night Train on the bumwines site: "Don't let the 0.5% less alcohol by volume fool you, the Night Train is all business when it pulls into the station. All aboard to nowhere - woo wooo! The night train runs only one route: sober to stupid with no roundtrip tickets available, and a strong liklihood of a train wreck along the way." BTW, I suppose I'm not really helping Joe with these horrible suggestions, but Mississippi started it. Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

red X wine? never heard of it.
                    It's very similar to "Blue Question-Mark in a Box" wine. BTW, I loves me some box wines. Hardy's Stamp of Australia Riesling is my favorite! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

PWL

Has been

My wife and I are big fans of the Yellow Tail Shiraz...It's generally about $8/bottle

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

"Don't let the 0.5% less alcohol by volume fool you, the Night Train is all business when it pulls into the station. All aboard to nowhere - woo wooo! The night train runs only one route: sober to stupid with no roundtrip tickets available, and a strong liklihood of a train wreck along the way."
                        Ahhh, cheap wines. Yum. Thunderbird was the drink of choice during my college days. Delicious fruity bouquet, and doesn't make you half as crazy as Mad Dog. Tried to get some for my groomsmen, but the stuff is mighty difficult to find these days. No longer sold in your finest grocery stores, apparantly.
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My wife and I are big fans of the Yellow Tail Shiraz...It's generally about $8/bottle
                          Ahhh...Yellow Tail was the brand I couldn't recall. Very good, inexpensive stuff.

~ Sarah Kay

Penfold's Thomas Hyland Cabernet Sauvignon