Drinkers with a Running Problem

Weyerbacher Brewery tour report (Read 183 times)

Prince of Fatness

I went to the Weyerbacher Brewery today. This is a microbrewery in Easton, PA. It's about 15 minutes from home. Why I haven't been here before is beyond me but, whatever. It's a small place, nothing fancy. The tour was about 20 minutes. It's OK. I will say the people there are very nice and accommodating. They seem like good people. Once done with the tour it was time to sample. And sample I did. They had some good stuff. I bought a case while there. Nice thing is that you can buy a case of mixed beer (usually in PA you have to buy a whole case of just one beer). So I got 4 six packs... Hops Infusion - I'm not an IPA fan, but this was pretty good. Not obnoxious with the hops. Merry Monks - Tripel. Winter Ale - This has become my favorite winter seasonal. Thirteen - This is a special anniversary imperial stout. Chocolaty. Yummy. 13% ABV. Yikes. This is a great fireplace beer. Good times. Good times.

Not at it at all. 

So you got off your a$$ and took the tour! I guess I have to do the same, now. Big grin Interesting to read your comment on the Hops Infusion. I am not a "hoppy" guy either, so I generally stay away from the IPAs. Maybe I'll give this one a try. I agree with your Winter Ale assesment - what an awesome brew. I have a case of it in the fridge right now, and I'm enjoying every one. I like the fact that they allow you to mix cases (I think only us back-assward Pennsylvanians and close to the borderJerseyites really appreciate the value of that), so I may head up there in the coming weeks and check it out myself. Sounds like our beer tastes run along the same lines. BTW, that stout sounds really tasty. Enjoy.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Prince of Fatness

I forgot to mention that they sell growlers, too. Maybe it's because me and my buddies brought three growlers full home with us and drank them. Heh, I was half in the wrapper when I wrote the report. You need to use their growlers, which are 3 bucks. But then you can bring them back and get them filled again. I filled the growler with Black Hole. They call it and old ale I guess. Tastes kind of like a porter. Different, but good. I must have sampled close to 10 different beers while there. Yeah Jeff, you owe yourself a visit. MTA: If you do go Jeff, let me know and maybe I can meet you there. I'm only 15 minutes or less from there. I have a growler sitting here begging to be filled.

Not at it at all. 

I forgot to mention that they sell growlers, too. Maybe it's because me and my buddies brought three growlers full home with us and drank them. Heh, I was half in the wrapper when I wrote the report. You need to use their growlers, which are 3 bucks. But then you can bring them back and get them filled again. I filled the growler with Black Hole. They call it and old ale I guess. Tastes kind of like a porter. Different, but good. I must have sampled close to 10 different beers while there. Yeah Jeff, you owe yourself a visit. MTA: If you do go Jeff, let me know and maybe I can meet you there. I'm only 15 minutes or less from there. I have a growler sitting here begging to be filled.
          I'll be sure to do so. I'll probably set something up for after the holidays. Would love to take the tour and meet face to face to tip a few back. Sounds like a plan. Big grin

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright