Drinkers with a Running Problem

Grand Gathering (Read 216 times)

If there is to be a true chance of us getting together for a RA weekend, I think it would be awesome if we could plan it around a race. If we could agree on a distance of the race, time of year, and location - then we could really get the ball rolling. It could work. Distance: I'm up for anything (well, maybe not a full marathon at this point), of course the bigger the race the more understanding my husband will be when I abandon the family for a weekend. Time of year: Probably doesn't matter too much. Location: I'd prefer to be able to drive there and I don't mind driving long distances (scared to fly).

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I still say the Fifth-Third Riverbank Run in Grand Rapids, MI would be perfect. There is a 25k and a 5k. Biggest 25k in the US...the only downside is the time of year isn't all that conducive to vacationing--Mother's Day wknd. Weather is generally not all that awesome. Something in June or July would rock, though. We have a fantastic 15k and 5k real close to me in late June that is nice. Part of the longer course goes along Lake MI, too. The Coast Guard Fest 10k or 5k would be cool, too (the race itself is kind of lame, but the festival makes up for it)--the Grand Haven Coast Guard Fest is one helluva party! k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Michelle

Mid or end of July would be best for me, or Mid August or anytime on. That would give me time to save up the money and to work on preparing my husband! Lots of stuff going on in June, and my oldest turns 16 on the 24th (big party)!! AGH. Our vacation week in July (second week), heading to Busch Gardens VA and Ocean City MD. My two middle boys have the same b-day and that is August 6th (they'll be 13 and 6), so we'll have a big party around that time.

Michelle

The voice of mile 18

well we missed it this year but Mt. Penn Mudfest 15k Trail run is a fantastic trail run in Reading Pa w/ a couple stream crossings, a couple ungodly brutual hills, an easter egg hunt in the race, and a beer/margerita stand on top of the nastiest hill (viagria hill if i recall correctly - when a hill has a name it is BADASS!) but it's the saturday before easter which this year was 4/7 The Tex-Mex 5k in north wales, pa a pretty fast 5k w/ free tex mex and 1 free beer at the end. this place is also supposed to ahve killer margeritas

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

I think we should pick Hawaii. I've never been there. Big grin Imagine the cost of that trip...but imagine the memories!

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think we should pick Hawaii. I've never been there. Big grin Imagine the cost of that trip...but imagine the memories!
                Ooh...how sweet would that be!? We have a few members in HI, too! Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Ooh...how sweet would that be!? We have a few members in HI, too! Smile k
                  Do you think they could put us all up for a weekend? Then we'd save on room expenses at least. Big grin I can hear it now..."ummm, soooooo , do you think this toliet can handle 1000 flushes in one night?"...with all that beer and bodies there will be lots of flushing!!

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha!

~ Sarah Kay