Drinkers with a Running Problem

Who likes to run... (Read 219 times)

...after 1 Drink? ....2 Drinks? ...3 Drinks? ...the morning after a good night out?
    If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'll go with none of the above, although I once did 3x1 mile repeats on the track after putting down 2~3 beers after work. Didn't run them quite as fast as I had hoped... And my head hurts just thinking about some of the hangover runs I used to do in my 20's. Never again. Dead

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I'll avoid drinking if the following day is a run day. I have this fear of pushing my luck by dumping poisons into my body the night before and then asking my heart to run ! One day last week I had half a beer and then my oldest son asked me if I would run with him, I forgot that I told him I would, so I did. First time I ran after having some beer! Modified to add: Keep in mind, I had already run that day and had JUST sat down out on the deck and put my feet up when my son showed up all dressed and ready to go run with me. Whoops.

Michelle

The voice of mile 18

no before a run. but drinking after a good run and the alcohol hits me harder and I am a cheap date Yes

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

no before a run. but drinking after a good run and the alcohol hits me harder and I am a cheap date Yes
            *lol* I remember way back when one beer had me pretty much drunk!!

Michelle

Nothing like a glass of wine or a vodka and cranberry the night before a race!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Scout7

Heh....Back in the day, it was nothing to be out 'til 3 in the morning, up at 5:30, and take a physical fitness test (2 min of push-ups, 2 min of sit-ups, 2 mile run). Actually, back in the day wasn't too long ago........ I've done races where there's beer offered on the course. Beer after the race is key. And my usual night before routine consists of at least one or two.
                  Heh....Back in the day, it was nothing to be out 'til 3 in the morning, up at 5:30, and take a physical fitness test (2 min of push-ups, 2 min of sit-ups, 2 mile run). Actually, back in the day wasn't too long ago.
                  I could not imagine functioning after being up until 3, drinking all night long, at this point in my life. There was one weekend some years back (like 8 years ago) when I was bartending and I worked doubles on Friday and Saturday - not so bad, but on Saturday I went to a party after work (2 a.m.) and then ended partying until morning, being up all night long. After a quick 15 minute nap, a shower, and a cup of coffee - I was back at work at 10:00 a.m. and was there until closing that night (only 11 p.m. since it was a Sunday). I was desperate to leave work and get home to bed, that was the longest work day of my life. Oh, and bartending while having a hangover is NOT pleasant at all.

Michelle

Scout7

I used to always draw the Sunday day shift, because that was the Champagne Brunch. I'd have to get in extra early to get set up for the thing, mostly because we used orange juice with pulp, and the pulp would never wash off the champagne flutes, so I'd have to dig through racks of glasses to find enough clean ones. The upside was I always got tipped out well by the waitstaff. I lived on our homemade Bloody Mary mix and the bar snacks on Sunday......