Drinkers with a Running Problem

Holiday Beers (Read 563 times)

Prince of Fatness

So who's got their holiday beers lined up?  I went shopping last week and picked mine up.

I got me some Rude Elf's Reserve from the Brew Works.  This stuff tastes like Christmas in a bottle, pretty spicy.

I also got some Mad Elf Ale.  I haven't ever tasted this stuff and it was really pricey, so I only bought a couple of bottles.  I really like Troegs' beers, so I am looking forward to giving this a try.

Not at it at all. 

I always look forward to Celebration Ale, and I heard it is out now, but haven't picked up any yet.  I also really like Santa's Private Reserve and Bell's Christmas Ale.

I like the Mad Elf, but not as much as a bunch of others.

Prince of Fatness

Yeah, Celebration Ale is good.  I have not seen it out yet.  I'll have to look for it.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What are you people talking about?

Prince of Fatness

What are you people talking about?

Holiday beers.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Why does a beer need a holiday?

Prince of Fatness

It doesn't.  A holiday needs a beer, though.

Not at it at all. 

I also got some Mad Elf Ale.  I haven't ever tasted this stuff and it was really pricey, so I only bought a couple of bottles.  I really like Troegs' beers, so I am looking forward to giving this a try.

It's very good. I usually get a case.

Prince of Fatness

I always look forward to Celebration Ale, and I heard it is out now, but haven't picked up any yet.  I also really like Santa's Private Reserve and Bell's Christmas Ale.

You motivated me.   On the way home I picked up a six of Celebration Ale and a six of Santa's Private Reserve.  I have not tried the Rogue yet, but I like their beer and am expecting goodness.

Not at it at all. 

I got a case of the celebration, some private reserve, bell's christmas, and Avery Old Jubilation.  I haven't had the jubilation before, but have always liked most of avery's stuff, so looking forward to it.

On On

Got the Saranac Winter Sampler tonight.  Going to be serving a lot of it at the NJ Trail Series Race #4 tomorrow.  The Winter lager is pretty good.  I like the vanilla Stout too.  The IPA is average for the style.  There was an India Cooper Ale that was pretty good.  Had the Pilsner, not my favorite but what am I up to 5.  I had six.  I may have to go look at the recycling to remember the sixth one.  Nope got it.  Moose Ale.  A decent enough pale ale.  Flavorful with a touch of hops.

Over all I liked the 12 pack.  (I tried one of each style, they put in two of each beer).  I would recommend it to anyone.

Prince of Fatness

Yeah, Celebration Ale is good.  I have not seen it out yet.  I'll have to look for it.

I had a Celebration Ale on draft last week.  I love that stuff.  It comes out for the holidays but its really just an IPA.  A damn good one at that.

I picked up some Troegs Mad Elf yesterday.  That might be it for me as far as holiday beers go.  I brewed a 5 gallon batch of Begian style spiced ale over the summer so I have plenty.

Not at it at all. 

Favorite holiday beer is Granville Island Winter Ale. Soooooooo good

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

All that talk about winter beer got me drinking (alot)

Last week I bought the following:
                              Wachusetts Winter ($14.49/ 12pk) (it is a Scottish Ale)
                              Sam Adams Brew Masters Mix ($11.99/ 12pk)
                              Magic Hat Winter Variety Pack ($10.99/ 12pk)
                              Sierra Nevada Celebration ($11.99/ 12pk)
                              Magic Hat #9 cans ($6.99/ 12 pk)

The best is the Sam Adams, they replaced the Cranberry Lambic, with a Black & Brew, that is a coffee stout. Very good variety pack.
                              Next, for some reason I like the #9 in a can, maybe subconsciously I know it was cheap.
                              Magic Hat Winter Variety is always a treat.
                              Sierra Nevada Celebration was good.
                              I wouldn't get the Wachusetts again, unless it was on sale.  Figures I like the most expensive beer the least.

I'm not big into the fruity beers.

Anything else I should try?

Prince of Fatness

Anything else I should try?

What do you like?  IPA's, Stouts, Porters, Belgians.  I can list hundreds of beers for you to try.  About where do you live?  I could start with a few breweries in your area to try.

Not at it at all.