Drinkers with a Running Problem

Do you drink more in winter or summer? (Read 408 times)

I probably drink more beer in the summer...

- Anya

Lazy idiot

Summer, by far. Softball leagues and warm nights are key components of beer consumption.

Tick tock

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...probably more in the Winter--or at least more concentrated forms of alcohol. In the Winter I am more likely to drink wine or mixed drinks. In the Summer it's beer.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hmmm...probably more in the Winter--or at least more concentrated forms of alcohol. In the Winter I am more likely to drink wine or mixed drinks. In the Summer it's beer.
          OH, ya , me too. Wine by the fire, and beer by the pool.

- Anya

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

That's my usual pattern, though I may experiment with more white wines in the summer to change things up. Chilled white wine (as long as it's not so cold as to lose flavor) is very refreshing.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Summer.... hands down. Patio season...... beers on the patio. My wife and I have finished many a bottle of wine during warm evenings sitting on the stoop.
                I strive to maintain an even alcohol intake pace year round. Boston training has reduced my hard liquor intake. Went February without drinking any hootch. Well, maybe once. No, don't think so. Yeah, I know, it's the shortest month. Still. The forms may change: Fall and winter seem suited to whiskey/Scotch. Don't know why that is. Vodka is a clean burning fuel year-round. Beer/wine all the time. Mojitos in the summer.
                  Like dnephin, I try to keep a steady pace throughout all four seasons, but I'd have to say that the warm weather and outside activities increase the summer consumption a bit. I'm a beer guy, so I just vary my types of brew by the season.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Queen of 3rd Place

It's not fair. Running SOO interferes with my drinking time. The more I run, the less I can drink, even a little bit can mess up the next day's run. This is the real reason behind periodization. Arla

Ex runner

C-R

Warmer weather means an increase in our house. Beer after mowing the lawn or after a good evening run. Nice bottle of wine with BH at sunset and the kids are sleeping. Cold brew at the minor league baseball games. Shoot summer is the season to drink for all reason.... Wink Hey cold weather is good too but thats more single malt and whiskey weather.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I'll have to answer "Yes" to both. Big grin Mic Ultra/Lite in the dead of the Summer. Sierra Nevada in the Fall. Wine or an occasional Knob Creek in the Winter and back to SN in the Spring, till it warms up. TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

summer.
                          "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
                            I'll have to answer "Yes" to both. Big grin Sierra Nevada in the Fall.Year round. Then back to SN again, and again, and again
                            Fixed that for ya.
                              Fixed that for ya.
                              So I guess I'm a recovering light beer drinker? Big grin TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

I LOVE Sierra Navada IPA... So, so good. Can't wait till 5 o'clock!

- Anya