Drinkers with a Running Problem

Arla... (Read 201 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was just looking at your profile and wondering if you'd ever seen the "Long Way 'Round" documentary with Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman...where they ride their BMW "motorbikes" around the world. Excellent. They recently did a "Long Way Down" series from Scotland down to Cape Horn--haven't seen that (not sure it's available in the US, yet).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Queen of 3rd Place

Oh yeah, those guys are crazy! My understanding is that they had only slightly more than zero offroad traveling experience before they did their first big trip! Talk about HTFU! And I think I'm roughing it when I travel in the US and find out I can't get beer in Kansas on Sunday.. Blush. Arla

Ex runner

can't get beer in Kansas on Sunday.. Blush. Arla
        Cross that state off my list.
          LOL!! Drove with the family from so cal to Zion National Park in Utah one Sunday. Like ten hours in the car. Turns out the town with Zion is under some sort of archaic blue law on Sunday, unless you want to buy wine by the glass (muy overpriced, but capitalizing on those who are in need) in a restaurant. $80 crappy pizza dinner, but you parents out there understand.
          Lookin' back at my background, tryin' to figure out how I ever got here...
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The county immediately South of us is dry on Sundays. That's why we live up here. Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Queen of 3rd Place

I used to live in Philadelphia, you could only buy alcohol on Sunday in a bar (they would sell 6-packs as well). The rest of the week, if you wanted liquor or wine, you had to go to the "State Store". If you wanted beer, you had to go to the beer store. If you wanted mixers and food, you had to go to the grocery store. If you were having a party, you needed to plan on doing a lot of driving! Crazy! Arla

Ex runner

I used to live in Philadelphia, you could only buy alcohol on Sunday in a bar (they would sell 6-packs as well). The rest of the week, if you wanted liquor or wine, you had to go to the "State Store". If you wanted beer, you had to go to the beer store. If you wanted mixers and food, you had to go to the grocery store. If you were having a party, you needed to plan on doing a lot of driving! Crazy! Arla
                If you came back to Philly, you would find it essentially unchanged, except that you can now buy beer on Sundays in bars (by six-pack only), beer store (aka "Distributor"), or delicatessen (if they have a license.) Stupid state...

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright