Drinkers with a Running Problem

The Sam Adams thread (Read 268 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Octoberfest = Marzen

Feeling the growl again

Octoberfest = Marzen

Maybe all those funky bitter beers have de-calibrated your tastes.  Send all that swill to me.  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Heh.

Nop,e I've already enjoyed a load of good Octoberfests over the past couple weeks. This one, well, FAIL.

Feeling the growl again

Heh.

Nop,e I've already enjoyed a load of good Octoberfests over the past couple weeks. This one, well, FAIL.

But are you saying it is a fail in general, or you think it is different than it was last year and the year before that?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Heh.

That's disappointing considering that it is my favorite SA seasonal.  I still want to see for myself, can't go through the fall season without at least having one of them.

I've only had one Ocktoberfest style beer so far this season, from Left Hand.  It was good.

Not at it at all. 

lagwagon

Havent tried the SA octoberfest yet this year...its next up for me, but may not the highest priority.

Title of the threat caught my eye as 5 min ago I finished my last of the Sam Adams Latitude 48 IPA.  I really enjoyed this one, a nice beer i hope to find around next spring/summer.  good balance of sweet, crisp and hoppy, but not overhopped/extreme.  a hint of citrus with good body and balance.  if i were Jim Koch I'd kill the summer ale and replace it with this.

As far as Octoberfest, so far only had the Hacker Pschorr (nice) and Magic Hat Hex (really liked this one too...nice malt / amber ale, but not a classic octoberfet style...probably pick up some more, and yes i'm a magic hat fanboy).

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Picked me up a Hex the other day. May get to it in the next week or two... Smile

gusgordon

Just picked up a bottle of this last night but haven't tried it yet.

Anyone else tried it?  Could go either way....

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Have a bottle. Need to drink it...

Haven't seen that one yet, taking a ride to Total Wine tomorrow have to look for that.

gusgordon

Had the Merry Mischief last night.  It was pretty good.  The spices were present but balanced.  By the end of the bottle, it was getting a little too sweet for me, but all in all it was interesting and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Had a Cream Stout last night with leftovers.  Twas good.

You people have issues