Drinkers with a Running Problem

Dark Lord Day (Read 26 times)

Joann Y

Don't know the interest level, but golden tickets for Dark Lord Day go on sale at 12pm on Monday March 17. My husband, myself, and another friend are going to try for tickets.

http://darklordday.com/golden-tickets/

Band line-up has not been listed yet for you metal heads.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

It's very tempting.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

No can do this year given the hip surgery.  I am tempted to try this next year if I can talk Mrs Finn into going for a long weekend.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Day before my birthday and nothing up that weekend yet.  Dang, tempting....but so busy...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Joann Y

Today's the day suckas! Looking forward to some tasty beer, food and Corrections House. Gonna be goood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyNrCyVJCuQ#t=60

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Make sure you bring back enough for everyone. 

Have fun!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Joann Y

Make sure you bring back enough for everyone. 

Have fun!

If you find yourself in Chicago Whodatrunner, you are welcome to it!

Just ended up being my husband and I. We got there around 3pm, got in line for beer and immediately got offered a taste of some really nice drunk dude's beer. We did not say no. While in line they had the 2008 Dark Lord on tap and then proceeded to run out. Boo. Thankfully the line was long enough that we were near the front when it went back on and there was a resounding shout of victory and glee from the surrounding beer geeks and metal heads, myself included. We had just gotten there and it felt like a rock concert. Perfect. Through the afternoon we had the 2008 Dark Lord, Suebi Doo, Zombie Dust, Ham on Rye, Behemoth, maybe others. Some waiting in lines but super nice people to chat with all day long. The food was tasty and delicious and reasonably priced. Only got to see the last song by the band I wanted to see. Okay though, these are local dudes.

We ended up with eight bottles of 2014 Dark Lord and a bottle of The Earl of Biggleswade. Also picked up a few other FFF including Rabbid Rabbit, Blakkr, Arctic Panzer Wolf, War Mullet, and BackMasking. Couldn't pass up the kick ass goblets either.

Had an interesting ride home. Some dude named Josh from Nashville was waiting for some friends to pick him up while I was guarding the beer and my husband got the car. We ended up offering him a ride to his hotel since he seemed stranded. A 20 minute ride turned out to be closer to 30-40 but he was a nice guy and we all chatted about Nashville, Louisville, food, and, of course, beer. Near the end of the ride he tells us that he had some beer that he was going to trade but never got to so he'd give it to us for the ride. We were happy to take it, not knowing a thing about this brewery or beer. Heady Topper by The Alchemist, never heard of it but thanks. We shared a can at home and looked it up online...seems like we ended up with the sweet end of the deal! Really really great day all around!

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Sounds like you had an awesome time and came away with a very nice collection of beers. That Heady Topper was a nice bonus.  I'll definitely have to try and do this next year.

If you'd like to get rid of one of those Dark Lords I'd be happy to trade you for one. If you like sours, I can get my hands on all of the Upland releases. I'll have their Peach Lambic and their New Belgium collaborations, Dark Synth and Light Synth, in a couple of weeks.

Feeling the growl again

If you find yourself in Chicago Whodatrunner, you are welcome to it!

Of you could bring it to the beer mile in july... Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Of you could bring it to the beer mile in july... Smile

+1 

Joann Y

That is intriguing spaniel. I have lurked around the swamp enough to hear about this and get a general idea of the shenanigans. I might be able to come down for the day if I play my cards right at home Smile When is it?

Prince of Fatness

That is intriguing spaniel. I have lurked around the swamp enough to hear about this and get a general idea of the shenanigans. I might be able to come down for the day if I play my cards right at home Smile When is it?

I made the trip from NJ for the beer mile and I can say it was definitely worth it.  Spaniel throws a damn good party.

Sounds like you had a good day.  I am tempted to try to talk the wife into taking a long weekend and going out for this.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

LINKY  Try to race at 4pm, party until everyone leaves or falls asleep.

Joann Y

FYIs.. http://darklordday.com/about/ 

Date has been set. Don't see when tickets go on sale. Not sure if we are going but we had so much fun last year, I imagine that we will try.

Feeling the growl again

FYIs.. http://darklordday.com/about/ 

Date has been set. Don't see when tickets go on sale. Not sure if we are going but we had so much fun last year, I imagine that we will try.

Sigh.  Want.  To.  Go.  Not sure it will fly with the new job responsibilities.