Drinkers with a Running Problem

$100 a Barrel for Oil, the Hops Shortage - This is Getting SERIOUS!! (Read 220 times)

Have you all noticed... Between the hops shortage squeezing the little guys' abilities to brew their beers, and the costs to transport what is brewed, the prices are beginning to border on ridiculous. Even some of my local breweries have raised their price per case by 25-30%. Price gouging? Who knows. I did see a blurb on the news where Jim Koch made a portion of the Sam Adams hops inventory available to small craft brewers to keep them in operation. I can handle just about anything, but when you start messing with my beer... the line has to be drawn somewhere! Black eye

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

At least I drive a little zoom-zoom car...so I can still afford gas and beer. Gah, I might have to start buying Miller, though... Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

At least I drive a little zoom-zoom car...so I can still afford gas and beer. Gah, I might have to start buying Miller, though... Wink
        Correction - that's where I draw the line! Tight lipped

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha...I'll be eating ramen noodles as I drink my good beers. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

C-R

Bike to work and back (good cross training for nice weather). Save the money on gas to buy the proper beer. Miller will only give you the runner's trots. Shocked

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

On a related tangent. The gas station in town that delays raising prices for at least 12 hours after everyone else had a line down the block...mind you, this is right on the main business street. The beauty of driving an econobox is that I'm not willing to sit in line illegally parked and at risk of being rear ended...with my engine idling and wasting more gas. I stopped at the next station and paid 20ยข more/gallon. Cost me like $2 more. My time is worth that. Sitting in line is a chunk of my life I'm not willing to squander. Suckas who just HAD to have the V-8 full-size SUVs and pick-ups...I laugh at them. Oh, and zoom-zoom rocks on this stretch of road to my kid's camp: map 25mph corners...I laugh at them. Of course...that would be a gorgeous stretch of road to do an out-and-back hill workout on...were it not for idiot drivers... Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

No war for oil! War for beer? Yeah, I can see that-- Japan: Sapporo, Kirin, Asahi. Germany: Too many to count. Mexico: Modello Negro, Dos Eqis. Canada: No problem, eh! They'll share. Big grin And... Oregon: Just on principle... Wink TC Big grin

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff