Drinkers with a Running Problem

Hangover race day (Read 244 times)

Go Pre!

Ya, you'll like this. We had a race day scheduled for today, it being the 1 year anniversary of our first race. You can read that report in the racing forum. So, we went to a baby shower / housewarming party and without thinking about today we proceeded to get nasty drunk. Beer, wine and vodka in large amounts. We stayed long after everyone left and ended up not eating dinner. I didn't realize how trashed we were until we walked home...which is a 10 minute walk...but it took 30 minutes! Apparently I kept stopping and whimpering about not wanting to walk anymore. Then, the last stop which lasted 15 minutes itself I broke down and cried about my sore knee impeding my marathon training and then kicked off my running shoes and boldly stated that I do not deserve to wear $150 shoes! Quite laughable the next day really. So I walked the last half block barefoot and then tripped on our front walk and fell into the garden and scraped ankles on both feet. Not good for race day! I got inside the door and slept in the front entrance for a while before my wife coaxed me upstairs whereupon I cried as I crawled all the way up complaining about the difficulty navigating a flight of stairs in that condition! My 14 year old had awoken by this ... she was quite amused and enjoyed recapping the story this morning to our race friends! Needless to say we made it to the race and the day didn't go too bad at all. Race Report Dave
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Big grin
      2009: BQ?
      Scout7

Beautiful....

The voice of mile 18

what a trooper. that must have been a beauty hangover Shocked

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Dave, I really want to party with you guys someday! You get messy trashed in better fashion than pretty much any proud Wisconsinite I know--and that says a LOT! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

The lack of dinner did me in, as it always does. Thank gawd I ran 20K in the am and followed it with a healthy lunch and loads of water...could have been a much worse hangover. Still reeling at my wifes PR for 10k under such circumstances...does Galloway promoted heavey drinking and no dinner the nite before??? Roll eyes

Go Pre!

The lack of dinner did me in, as it always does. Thank gawd I ran 20K in that morning and followed it with a healthy lunch and loads of water...could have been a much worse hangover. Still reeling at my wifes PR for 10k under such circumstances...does Galloway promoted heavy drinking and no dinner the nite before races??? Roll eyes
                  Shocked Big grin Oh the things we do when we're drunk!!! Classic!! Big grin

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The lack of dinner did me in, as it always does.
                    Heh...last Summer I went to LA for a few days to visit friends. Found out what happens when one has bloody marys BEFORE breakfast...heh. I was trashed until after lunch! Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay